iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A little help please

Started by customsawyer, January 01, 2010, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

On my LT70 remote it has started blowing the fuse on the lubemizer and I think it has a short in it some where but not being used to the remote I didn't know if there was a place that it would most likely happen.  Any advice will be taken but I prefer the right answer. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Tom

why, that's easy, Jake.

Unhook the fool thing.

Put a bucket of water up high on the mast and dribble your water through a tube onto the blade.  That'll do it until you run out of gravity.   :D

motohed

Tom you are going to make him start talking to himself , or worse make him sputter ! LOL  :D

WDH

He already talks to himself.  Now I know why.  Its Tom's fault  :)

Jake, I suspect that this is not the kind of help you need since you already know that you talk to yourself and that it is Tom's fault. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

backwoods sawyer

I would start by making sure that the power is reaching the pump, if it is then pull the pump apart it may have a bad gear after all the freezing weather.
And Tom.......
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

WDH did it while you weren't looking... :o  He's trying to side track your thinking about how much QS lumber he got....

Now,  first disconnect the pump, and see if it still blows.  That will separate the pump from the solenoid circuit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

What's your weather like down there? Up here, I'd say you had a frozen pump.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DanG

It ain't likely to be a frozen pump in Central Ga. just yet.  Give it a day or two and it might be, though.  Supposed to be in the teens here in N. Fla starting tomorrow night and lasting for several nights, but we ain't had a freeze yet.  Still got green grass.

Sounds like a bad pump motor to me, or the pump itself is siezed up.  Disconnect the wire to the motor and see if it still blows the fuse.  Is there a way to turn the pump by hand to see if it's siezed?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

John_Haylow

I had to replace the pump on my mill after the previous owner had it freeze on him.You don't suppose you have a faulty breaker?

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

customsawyer

I don't think it is a frozen pump but as our coldest so far this winter has been 28 F. When I put in a new fuse and turn on the switch the pump will come on and a bit of water will squirt out for about 4 seconds then the fuse will go.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

If you determine that the pump is blowing the fuse, then take it apart.  Really, just start taking screws loose.  The pump head should be fastened to the motor with a couple of screws.

Now try the motor with the pump off.  The pump unit is a very simple little rotary pump and a rebuild kit is available for it.

If the fuse still blows, a couple of screws will disassemble the permanent magnet motor.  Oil the sleeve bearings on each end.

The pump on my sprayer has to be taken apart each year.  This type pump is also used in RV water systems.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wwsjr

Call Sparks at Indy. I had that trouble last year, but I cannot remember what the problem was. He can probably put you right on the fix.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

backwoods sawyer

I had the same problem when I got my mill. I took the pump apart out in the field and found one of the three plastic gears was damaged and not meshing with the other two. I just took the gear out of the pump and put it back together and it is still pumping today. Like magic posted, just take it apart and see what is going on in there they are as simple as a water meter to work on.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

customsawyer

Thanks for all the help folks.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

backwoods sawyer

slider

probably not your problem but ice did pop the fuse on mine last winter jake     al
al glenn

customsawyer

I haven't had a chance to hunt for it to much yet as I have been down at the other sawmill cutting a order of 12X12X36' that has to go out on the truck on the 6th of Jan. I am hoping to finish that today and get back to this mill in the afternoon.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sparks

Unplug the pump motor and see if the green light now comes on. If it does you have a shorted diode that is built into the motor. Replace the pump motor.  If the fuse blows with the motor unhooked check the diode wire that is connected to the red and black wires that come from the control. It is located about 6 to 8 inches away from the terminals. Disconnect it and try again. If the fuse holds replace the diode wire. If it still blows then we have a issue on the wires.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

customsawyer

Sparks are you giving this advice on here because you don't want to have to talk to me? ;D
Not that I blame you as I can be a pain.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sparks

Always a pleasure to talk to you. You know how to reach me if you need more help.   Thanks   :)
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!