iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

white pine logs

Started by steven, February 12, 2011, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven

iam located in southern ontario and trying to locate some white pine logs for a log home project that i will be starting in the spring.  i was wondering if anybody could steer me in the right direction or new of anybody that sold logs in northern ontario .also i would be intrested if somebody new how much logs should be worth

Magicman

steven,  I can't help you with your logs but you did come to the right place.  Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to The Forum Steven  ;) ;D ;D 8) you have come to the rite place im pretty sure someone will be along shortly that can help you out Mate  ;) what sort of style and how big of a place are you looking to build for yourself  ???

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Stephen1

Hi Steven, Stephen here must have something to do with S. Ontario  lol
Welcome to the forum!
I bought my logs from Penguin poles just north of Guelph, he supplies hydro poles and such, another place is in Barrie and I believe it is Miller wood but I'd have to check, look for something on the internet, they buy and sell lumber, logs. I found them after I built my place.
Have you taken a log building course yet?
Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

wdncno

Where abouts are you? I know a few guys who might be into some pine this winter.

Kevin

I can put you in touch with some loggers here, will the logs have to be delivered?

steven

Quote from: Kevin on February 13, 2011, 10:54:04 AM
I can put you in touch with some loggers here, will the logs have to be delivered?
that would be great if you could put me in contact with some loggers and yes i will need a truck to delivered them i live around barrie

steven

thanks for all the replies iam building a 28 by 40 square dovetail home with a timberframe roof system .  iam in the barrie area and i will need the logs delivered, please post the name of your contacts.next time iam in barrie i will check out miller lumber but i wonder if it would be cheaper to buy direct from the loggers.

Stephen1

Hi Steven, I just found a card for a Timber broker in the Barrie area, Thomas Oliver 705-790-7743, I had bought some pine off him a few years ago. Do you have an engineer for your structure yet?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

steven

Hi Stephen - Many thanks for your response -  I do have a structure engineer who is working on my plans as we speak, many thanks. 
I really appreciate all your help with regards to the number for the pine.

I will call them and keep you posted as to my progress

Many thanks

Steve

Meadows Miller

Gday

Steve Good luck with it and keep Us posted with your progress I would like to see your home come together for you Mate  ;) and we are always here to help  ;) Did I also mention we like pics here even though I have been abit laps with them there will be a flood soon Mate  ;) :D :D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!