iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

George Jones R.I.P

Started by Woodhauler, April 26, 2013, 06:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Another great one gone!!!!!!!!!!!  I am a fan of the old time country greats!!  You will be missed!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

WmFritz

I listen to GJ and people of his era too. The stuff they play on country channels is all Pop in my opinion. Not many of the old greats left.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

As he said in one of his songs; "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes" ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

I have quite a broad taste in music and song. I do like the older country classics, but I also listen to stuff on the radio that I have no clue who they are. If it sounds good to my ears, I will listen. ;D

But, it's an emptiness when we loose an artist who aged right along with us and then some. Some artists have more staying power than others of course. I think George Jones will be on the radio for a long time to come.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

He stopped loving her today
They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away

smiley_singsongnote01
Say when

WmFritz

Quote from: Roxie on April 26, 2013, 07:37:04 PM
They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away

smiley_singsongnote01

Roxie... you beat me to it. I was watching the video on YouTube while you posted. Thank you... That one's my favorite.

"He said I'll love you 'til I die...
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

muskoka guy

Grew up listening to George. One of my moms favorite singers. We got some tickets to see Willy Nelson in a few weeks. They arent getting any younger. R I P George.

thecfarm

Yes,another great one gone.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

RIP George.  Truly one of the greats  :)  My favorite is "The One I Loved Back Then"
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

I loved George Jones too, but if you want some good new country look up the Texas Country/Red Dirt genres, most of those bands are better than the pop country stuff played now.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sandhills

"He stopped loving her today"  one of my all time favorites, and yes tyb525, I also agree with you all the way.  RIP George.

Roxie

When Cowboy Bob and I were dating, I had an old dog that I'd adopted from the SPCA.  His name was Lucky and he was half border collie half Bernese Mountain Dog.  Picture a border collie on steroids.  Loved him dearly, and I used to sing "I Always Get Lucky With You" to him when I'd come home.  One night, Cowboy and I were out dancing, and they played that George Jones song.  As we moved across the dance floor, Cowboy Bob said, "You're thinking of the dog, aren't you?"  I said, "Yeah, I was."   :D

Here's the lyrics:

I've had good luck, and bad luck
And no luck, it's true
But I always get lucky with you.

I've been turned on, and turned down
When the bars close at two
But I always get lucky with you.

I've keep strikes against me
Most all of the time
And when it's down to just a phone call
I'm minus a dime.

There's been good days, and bad days
But when the day is through
I always get lucky with you
Oh, I always get lucky with you.

Here's the dog:

Say when

sandhills

Roxie that's classic, I think you and my wife were sisters in some previous life  :D.  Our saying is "we'll always dance in the kitchen" well we moved, now it's more like a hallway, but we used to have a big kitchen  :D :D.

sandhills

Anyone else catching the tribute to him on RFD TV?  What a tear jerker.

loggah

George"NO SHOW" Jones, one of the best !!! ;D country music just ain't like it used to be. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

drobertson

Got to see him live back in 86'  he was playing at a Republican fund raiser held here in south central Mo.  We got to help set up the bails of hay, and some of the roadie tasks helping his band,  what a show! great times are hard to forget,   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

millstead

george jones was and is my favorite country singer. i wanted to see him in concert when he came to town this summer . the country music on the radio now just doesnt measure up . i like to listen to the old stuff . i have  sirus radio in my truck and they have a channel that plays all the old stuff

WmFritz

Willies Roadhouse or Outlaw Country!   fiddle-smiley smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

sparky

At last count, I had over 20 of his albums. I only saw him perform once and really enjoyed his show. I found a website some time ago that ranked the top 500 country songs of all time. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" was #1. I prefer not to listen to a radio station that does not play that song and other traditional country hits. I have walked out of one concert in my life and that was Leann Rimes. I do not apreciate the newer music that is called country. When the super stars of the past sang, you knew it was country.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

SwampDonkey

We had a local radio station that played classic country around the clock. It was in neighboring Maine. They shut it down this spring for some reason. Every time the wind blew hard it knocked the station out it seemed, literally. And many times it would be 2 or 3 days before it was restored. Shame.

But with that being said, I can listen to most anything. Most of the time it's just background noise as I work at some hobby to remind me it's still civilization out here on a potato field. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

millstead

Quote from: WmFritz on May 07, 2013, 08:37:52 AM
Willies Roadhouse or Outlaw Country!   fiddle-smiley smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer
mostly willies roadhouse but sometimes i listen to prime country and outlaw country i also like the bluegrass channel

Thank You Sponsors!