iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does Anyone Know the Going Price of Pine Pulp Wood in Central Penna.

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, August 20, 2014, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

I was talking to a man about selling my Pine Pulp Wood. The closest mill is at Roaring Springs, PA.  He said, that the price of Pulp Wood is Up but did not know the current price. I use to sell it by the cord in the (60's & 70's) old days to the Roaring Springs Mill.

They ship it up to 20 foot (+) lengths, with a minimum diameter of -- 4 inches and up to 21 inches... < I think this is right.

So, long story short, does anyone know the going price of Pine at the Roaring Springs Paper Mill / Ton  ?

If possible, does anyone know the stumpage price of No# 1 White Pine / MBF saw logs in Huntingdon, PA 16652 ?  I have about 150 WP trees that are around 25 to 34 inches, nice looking trees.   

Thanks in Advance,

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Holmes

William Perritt. Why not just tell what the price is seeing as you know
Think like a farmer.

Southside

Mr Perritt,  like it was suggested perhaps you could give a price range to the OP here as this is an open type of forum. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

timberlinetree

We shipped a load not to long ago and it was under $20 dollars a ton with them picking it up. That's in Ct.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

PAFaller

Not sure that mill in Roaring Springs consumes much pine, thought they ran a mix real heavy to hardwood.  There is a market for white pine at shaving mills, but I dont know how many of them are near you. Im 3.5 hours north of you and was kind of discouraged by the delivered pricing Im getting for hemlock pulp. Low 30s a ton depending on trucking distance.
It ain't easy...

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

ga jones

Metzler wood products is over there in woodland . 18-20 a ton. 5 a ton to the land owner is pretty standard.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

H60 Hawk Pilot

Hello All,

I just got this information yesterday.. it seems to be top secret information (little joke). You're right, the Roaring Springs Mill takes mixed hard wood and no pine. I use to take pine to this mill in the 60's. 

I got a delivered price from a local saw mill/ lumber company. He did not want to tell me delivered price but finally did.. so what's the big secret about !?!

The Roaring Spring Pulp Mill is paying $ 30.00 a ton for mixed hardwood. The sawmill is paying the land owner $ 3.00 bucks a ton stumpage.

Thanks All,

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

barbender

What am I missing about Mr. Perritt? So for your hardwood pulp, at $30/ton, that would be a little less than $70 per cord, right?
Too many irons in the fire

Brian_Rhoad

Have you checked with Glatfelter Paper?

Main Office - PA
228 South Main Street
Spring Grove PA, 17362
Phone: 717-225-4711
Fax: 717-225-2872
gpw@glatfelter.com

beenthere

QuoteWhat am I missing about Mr. Perritt?
Nothing..  appeared to be a new guy peddling his business.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

barbender

I see. I was just confused, as he was being spoken about but from what I could see, he hadn't posted anything ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Holmes

Mr. Perritt was willing to supply information if Hawk Pilot bought a subscription to a magazine. Looks like he was banished
Think like a farmer.

etroup10

I work at a wood shavings mill in Juniata county. I believe we are paying $45/ton delivered to us for pine and other softwoods(excluding hemlock). Anything 6" diameter and bigger in either 8', 16', or 24' lengths. I believe my boss would consider buying standing timber, but not sure on what the price would be.
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!