iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Don't keep Felling the wrong way

Started by gimpy, September 30, 2016, 05:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimpy

I feel it is only right that every member here should always try to correct wrong. Especially when it comes to so-called profession feller trying to teach us morons how it's done. I'm a bit unhappy that you haven't shared this tidbit before. Why do I have to?

So any fellers that need re-training, this might help?    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptm0GYEf4AI&feature=em-uploademail

(I really do like this guy, but he does get interesting at times, Enjoy!)
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

Dave Shepard

This guy does spew a lot of misinformation. If I say any more, I may get a trip to the woodshed. ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Riwaka

Ed_K

It's a wonder he didn't eat that metal plate  :o .
Ed K

David-L

Why did the first guy waste three feet of butt wood. Why would he endanger his truck thats right behind the tree he's felling. Was his assistant operating the drone. Your fired.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

killamplanes

jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ohiowoodchuck

I believe I would of kept chopping at the tree like a beaver with that axe and taken my chances running the other way then messing with all that, but to each there own. I've watched a lot of his videos and there is some good ones.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Chop Shop

I used to think wronglerstar made a few interesting videos, but I had to stop watching him butcher things.   From good tools to nice wood.

He does spew allot of misinformation with MUCH confidence.   :embarassed:

RHP Logging

He's an idiot.  I've watched a few of his videos and there is nothing to take from them other than he thinks he has learned a lot from watching other people's videos. He asking for that jack to spit out at him.
Buckin in the woods

Okrafarmer

He may be an idiot, but it looked like a good idea with the bottle jack. Why he would want to use an axe, though, now that's the real issue.

My dad always cut his trees off pretty high so he could get leverage on the stumps with the bulldozer.

He was pretty confident of his success, parking his truck behind, like that. The big problem with what he did is the unspoken assumption it will always work-- lean that tree backward five degrees and you might be in some heap big trouble.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

killamplanes

I don't see why a bottle jack needs to go to the timber. Unless skidder gets a flat.... I hardly ever use wedges let alone a jack.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

AlexHart

"Now's not the time to hurry.   Don't want to break your hinge wood"  I think was my favorite part.

At times when others might be getting nervous or overexcited it is settling to be able to fall back on a wealth of experience. 

Okrafarmer

"This is what you must never do. Now let it be a lesson to you."

-- Stan and Jan Berenstain
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

John Mc

Quote from: AlexHart on October 01, 2016, 08:08:20 AM
"Now's not the time to hurry.   Don't want to break your hinge wood"  I think was my favorite part.

At times when others might be getting nervous or overexcited it is settling to be able to fall back on a wealth of experience.

If he really didn't want to break his hinge wood, Don't make the notch so deep that it forces you to put the jack right up smack behind the back of the hinge. That's just someoen who plain doesn't understand leverage.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

CCC4

I like in his commentary he mentioned getting death threats...too funny!! Who would wanna bring that guy harm? Dude is a weirdo but probably nice as all get out.

I would like to see him try that on a bigger tree with a hinge that thick...spent too much time, waaaay too complacent and relaxed. Tells me he hasn't barber chaired one yet or had one come over at him.

lopet

Quote from: Okrafarmer on October 01, 2016, 12:44:36 AM
Why he would want to use an axe

Well, he spent all his money on the drone and a chainsaw is too much money now. :D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

John Mc

I assumed the demonstration was to do it without power tools.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

RayMO

I think he must make money every time his videos are watched . I see no other reason to share your stupidity with all the world lol
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

AlexHart

If I had all the stupid moves I've made on video and people paid to watch them I'd be doing quite well.   

Okrafarmer

Quote from: AlexHart on October 01, 2016, 09:53:43 PM
If I had all the stupid moves I've made on video and people paid to watch them I'd be doing quite well.   

Me too, I think that's how they made "I love Lucy"  ;D

gimpy

Ah, come on guys. No time for entertainment? Yes, it's about doing it without power. What I didn't share was that the previous video was the start of this adventure. He was using his Ranch (Hi-Lift) jack. He broke the foot plate on it so he came back with the bottle jack.

Come on guys. Just admit you've been doing it wrong all these years and let's move on.   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I subscribe to his channel.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

Thank You Sponsors!