iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Praise for my fellow sawyers

Started by riverswamp sawyer, April 05, 2011, 09:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverswamp sawyer

I got an unexpected phone call early this morning........
Mr Jake Dean aka Custom Sawyer was wondering if I was awake or at least still kicking.
We went to the local coffee house and had a nice visit along with breakfast.

Its nice to have a neighbor that knows the ups and downs that goes along with running a sawmill and is eager to offer help or discuss new learned tricks of the trade.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jake for calling to check on me
and I appreciate all the nice folks that are part of Forestry Forum ........ Ya'll are better then a book about running a sawmill or logging any day !!

Tom

bandmiller2

Anyone I've met or had dealings with from this forum has been 100%. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

I met him.  He is alright  :)  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

I am glad you guys approve. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

wannasaw

He's helped me too...As have many others, thanks to all!
LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

Cedarman

Had dinner with Jake and his better half and a few others at a sawmill show a few years ago.   It was definately a great time.  I still have that photo burnt in my mindof a 24x24 umpteen feet long beam on the mill.  Anyone who can saw those knows what they are doing.  Lots of good folk on the forum.  One of the pleasures I get is stopping off and being an "ole fart" and helping a forum member waste part of a day or evening.  Kansas was the last recipient.  I have learned a bunch from such visits and here on the forum.
Jake knows how to have fun.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

customsawyer

Ok now I am going to tell the truth. What I am really doing is picking your brains and taking that knowledge to make myself better. The art to this is to leave with you feeling that I was helping you.
I really do gain from each of the visits myself I just hope that I give as much as I get.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DanG

Quote from: customsawyer on April 08, 2011, 11:42:12 AM
What I am really doing is picking your brains and taking that knowledge to make myself better.

I'll have to ask Lorraine how that's working out for you. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

customsawyer

Its working fine for me can't say about her though. ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Piston

Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 05, 2011, 09:45:14 PM

Agreed  ;D

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

paul case

Quote from: Piston on April 08, 2011, 11:57:55 AM
Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 05, 2011, 09:45:14 PM

Agreed  ;D

me too. you all are a big help to my sawing business!  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

red oaks lumber

jake is a first class guy, when i have any questions he's only a phone call away. not to mention just fun to b.s.with
thanks
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Banjo picker

You can't beat that...got a check in 14 min. and 12 sec...I have never asked for a check and got it that quick... :)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

red oaks lumber

check was sent. remember you used it for the movies.. 8)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

customsawyer

All jokes aside it honors me to be able to help and if you guys were honest you explain how you help me as much or more than I help you.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!