iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CFEs available for deer/forestry management workshops

Started by QDMA, February 26, 2009, 05:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDMA

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) Announces 2009 Personal Certification Course Dates/Locations

The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is pleased to announce its 2009 individual certification course dates and locations. The program includes three levels of potential achievement, and each course takes interested foresters, property managers, wildlife biologists, and other resource professionals to the most advanced levels of deer management knowledge.

Level I Courses:
• May 1-4: Killens Pond State Park in Felton, Delaware
• May 15-18: McWaters Inc. in Columbia, South Carolina
• August 14-17: The Grigsby in Tallula, Illinois

Level II Courses:
• June 5-8: QDMA National Headquarters in Bogart, Georgia
• September 11-14: Bastow Farm in Union City (Edinboro), Pennsylvania 

Courses must be taken in succession.

Certified foresters and other professionals can earn Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) credits by attending each course.  Level I attendees will receive 16.5 CFEs (Category 1-CF 2.0, Category 2 14.5), and those in Level II will receive 16.0 CFEs (Category 1-CF 8.0, Category 2 8.0).

Duane Means, a certified forester who attended both Levels I and II in 2008 recently said, "With 15 years experience in forest and habitat management, I found the QDMA certification courses to be valuable learning experiences. They combined habitat, deer management, and deer hunting, together with organized and credible information, enabling me to better communicate with landowners about the connections between good forestry and deer management.  I learned the latest information and techniques in deer management and am using them to help meet my clients' goals. Also, the professional instructors, QDMA staff, and fellow student managers have proven to be great colleagues in my resource network.  I would recommend QDMA certification courses to anyone practicing resource management involving deer and wildlife habitat."   

To view course details or to register, visit www.QDMA.com (click the "REACH Program" button on the home paged followed by the "Certification Courses" button) or call (800) 209-3337. For more information, please contact Matt Ross, QDMA Certification Programs Manager, at (802) 753-7614 or mross@qdma.com.

About QDMA
Founded in 1988, QDMA is a national nonprofit wildlife conservation organization with more than 50,000 members in all 50 states and Canada, and several foreign countries. Membership in QDMA is open to anyone interested in better deer and better deer hunting, and committed to ethical hunting, sound deer management and the preservation of the deer-hunting heritage. To learn more about QDMA and why it is the future of deer hunting, call (800) 209-3337 or visit www.QDMA.com.

Matthew D. Ross

Certification Programs Manager - CWB, LF
Quality Deer Management Association
802-753-7614 (office)
603-978-7427 (mobile)
mross@QDMA.com

Thank You Sponsors!