iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 562XP with AutoTune...... ???

Started by Yoder409, March 04, 2016, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

OK......... New here.  But a Husky guy through and through since my first one 25 years ago.

I'm a Christmas tree farmer and a firewood cutter.  So my saws are all smaller.......... 41, 142, 445 and a 55.  Couple weekends ago my 55 (my absolute favorite) sucked up something pretty bad...........crank bearing ??..........don't know what yet.  But it's done.  So I'm thinking of replacing it, because I have been wanting one bigger saw for small scale timbering on my property, with a 562XP.  But I read all these (older......like from 2013-3014) on-line discussions of how the AutoTune saws can be turds to start. 

Have the starting issues been worked out yet ??

A local dealer is trying to talk me into an Echo 590.  But I'm liking the power/weight on the Husky and I have always loved the lack of hand vibration when running a Husky.

I had myself 100% talked into the 562XP until I read about the AutoTune issues..................
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

jaysaint

I bought 1 3 years ago and still love it.i use it for firewood and alittle logging, no problems,just kick in the fast idle to start when warm almost as light as my wifes 350 husky but twice the power. ;D
grandburg mill,  stihl 066 husky 562 xp,  felling axe    oh also lt 10

DelawhereJoe

You ever think about going red instead of orange, you can get the jonsered 2260 slightly cheaper then the 562xp and they are made from the same parts by the same people. I was going to get one, $600 (power head only) shipped to my door, only difference is it uses the small husky bar mount not the large one that the 562xp uses....but I spent my money on a 362 c-m instead, just more dealers around here.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

weimedog

I think you would love that saw. Have to remember Husqvarna has evolved that design quite a bit to the point its pretty mature. I doubt you will see any issues with the new saw.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Grandpa

I have 2, both 2014 models, and I think they are the best 60cc saw ever made.
They are fast, smooth, and have good power.
Pick your dealers brain about hot start technique and read the owners manual, it will be time well spent.
When mine die, they will be replaced with another 562.

celliott

+1 on the 2260.
I think it feels smaller and more nimble in hand than the 562. Still wish they offered the 560 in the states though...

I wouldn't worry about autotune issues.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Yoder409

Appreciate the info, fellers !!!

I really have NOTHING against red saws at all.  It's just that I like and am so used to the feel of orange ones.........    May be a poor reason, but........

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

WV Mountaineer

You'll love the Husky or the JRed.  They are some bad little saws.  I don't know there has ever been a saw problem versus a operator problem when trying to start them warm. 

My initial thoughts were pessimistic.  But, the more I'm around these new auto tunes, the more impressive they are.  I've run the 562 quite a few times and, the 2262 a couple times.  I have been amazed every single time.  I have several loggers cutting for me that use them in hardwoods.  They do very well in the toughest and hardest wood there is around here with 20 inch bars.  That's tough wood.   Hickory, elm, oak, etc.....  I promise you won't be disappointed.  God Bless
Trying to live for the Lord, spend all the time I got with family, friends, hunting, fishing, and just enjoying my blessings.

logeeland

You will love the 562XP for the uses you need. I am also a tree farmer part time and my best friend who owns the farm just got one to replace his 262XP and it is a beast of a saw. Run a 20" bar on it and you will never regret it.
Stihl Fan, 036, 361,361, 038 Magnum II, and a MS441

Thank You Sponsors!