iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sketchup: Which version

Started by ckprivette, April 06, 2014, 05:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckprivette

Hey y'all. This has probably been asked on here before, but I can't get this forum's search function to work for me right now. Sooooo, can someone please tell me which version of sketchup I need to design a TF shed? I've seen several different "sketchup" sites that say "download", but they do not appear to all be the same. I've see the youtube tutorials, but the website they show is not what I have. The version of sketchup I have now seems to only allow me to view current files- not to create new ones. Can anyone "shed" some light for me? Share a link?

thanks a plenty!
chris
The Lord is my shepherd.

Brian_Weekley

You should be able to download the current, free version directly at sketchup.com.  Make sure you are not downloading a trial version of Sketchup Pro.
e aho laula

JohnM

I just downloaded the newest free version about a month ago.  I had just downloaded Sketchup 2013 maybe 6 weeks before that (didn't know a new one was coming out that soon).  This new (free) one they call 'Sketchup Make' (horrible name IMO).  I'm finding most of the vids on youtube still apply, but I'm just getting back into it after not using it for a couple of years.  For my simple uses I've been watching 'Master Sketchup' on youtube, he keeps it simple enough for me to follow. :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!