iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sitting home..

Started by Woodhauler, March 04, 2013, 05:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Can't,or don't dare to go haul today! 31 degrees here at 4:30 !!   650 dollar fine and 3 points on your lisence if you get wrote up being on posted road!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

1270d

Our job posting wed at 8 am. And its 8 below right now

AlexInman06

Our road restrictions start going on the 11th around here :( I've got a couple jobs I would've liked to have done before they started lol
When your broken, work hard to become un-broken... When your un-broken, work hard to put money in the bank... When you have money in the bank, work hard to keep it... and when you pay your taxes, you wonder why you worked so hard... Bottom Line- Do what you love, Love what you do!!!

Woodhauler

Some roads have been posted since mid janurary around here! Cold weather hasn't been around for a month now!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

coxy

ill take the 31 you can have my 10  the weather has been crazy one day -10 the next +30 crazy hope you get to work

Woodhauler

Quote from: coxy on March 04, 2013, 05:50:11 AM
ill take the 31 you can have my 10  the weather has been crazy one day -10 the next +30 crazy hope you get to work
Send it this way for a couple more weeks!

David-L

It's 20 dergrees here in North Central Mass right now, Can't ask for any better. It's been good in the woods till about noon and then it gets punky. Weather is and has been a little weird around here. I guess the benefit of a 16k lb machine.
                                                David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

coxy

its pretty bad when the north is hotter then the south feel bad for guys up there  :(

justincase

The next couple nights don't look much better!

Woodhauler

Going in the am to load for madison paper, posted road or not!

justincase

I hope my trucker does the same.

Corley5

Frost laws are going on Friday in the surrounding counties.  My county, Cheboygan, has surprised everyone the last couple years with a 12 hour notice.  Guys not only had logs they couldn't get hauled but had equipment stranded too  >:( >:( >:(  I've got some basswood sawbolts and pulp that's going out in the AM.  I tracked the harvester to a class A job today.  Two miles cross country.  Cheaper than hiring a truck :)  I'm ready for breakup  8)     
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

David-L

Hovering at 20 degrees again here in Central Mass. Looks like another morning of work. What are the temps in Maine now.
                                                   David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

chevytaHOE5674

Load restrictions go on tomorrow morning at 8am UP here. Got a job going that the crews worked well into the night to try and finish up, they have a little more to go today and then moving the equipment tonight to a class A job (Class A roads don't have restrictions). Last night they started jumping wood from the bush to an empty lot on a class A road so that they can get it hauled during breakup.

Woodhauler

Quote from: David-L on March 05, 2013, 05:55:32 AM
Hovering at 20 degrees again here in Central Mass. Looks like another morning of work. What are the temps in Maine now.
                                                   David
45 right now, 35 this am at 3

sprucebunny

Bans went on today. 4 tractor/trailer loads down my dirt/mud road so far. Ohh...I hear another coming ::)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Peter Drouin

No more wood for me :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

countylogger

Weather is definitely not in our favor...even up north

sawguy21

We are getting a run on harvester bars and chain but that won't last much longer. Equipment will be parked pretty  quick.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

countrylogger,welcome to the forum. Where up north? Have a skidder,truck,sawmill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodhauler

Hates to give in! 32 all nite, ground never froze! The woodcutters will start calling around 6:30-7 when theybget up and the temp will drop a couple more degrees! They will be crying on the phone wanting there lastr few loads hauled! I got wood on every job i hauled off! Couple loads on each job. The posters say below 32 or solidly froze with no water showing! Leaves alot of lee way for the cops to write you up!  650$$$$$ fine and points on your lisence if you get caught! Then if your loaded and they weigh you up, they can take you back to 26,000 pounds and start the fine there! So with a legal load on a non posted road i would be 50,000 pounds over on a banned road!  :o

CTL logger

That sounds like a very large gray area in for the cops interpretation of froze!! I wouldn't risk it, could be worse I have over 80 load piled up on a road that's over a mile to the posted road and 3 more miles of that. Supposed to start chipping today it's 33 now!

Woodhauler

Quote from: CTL logger on March 07, 2013, 05:09:57 AM
That sounds like a very large gray area in for the cops interpretation of froze!! I wouldn't risk it, could be worse I have over 80 load piled up on a road that's over a mile to the posted road and 3 more miles of that. Supposed to start chipping today it's 33 now!
That is very true! I have been ready for spring for a month now! Most of the guys i haul for spend there money faster then they get it! I don't need any extra fines to pay this spring!

Woodhauler

Quote from: CTL logger on March 07, 2013, 05:09:57 AM
How long do they leave the posters up down there? Its may 15th here, but they take them down when thing are dry! May be april 15

rick f

Weve got about 10 more cord of firewood to get. The gravel road into the yard is all out in the open and it is giving up fast. the yard is on the edge of the blueberry grouung and has given up , mud about a foot deep where the ton truck sets. were working on frozen ground cutting ang splitting. In the woods most places are hard but slippery. I hope this wind will help dry things up some. The truckers down here aren't doing much now the weather won't cool up enough.

It's 33 here now, hasn't benn much below frezzing for a couple weeks it seems.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Thank You Sponsors!