iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2019

Started by customsawyer, February 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

There is a LaQuinta which was OK, but the Fairfield was brand new.  Jakes place is about 15 minutes away. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

flatrock58

I will be coming with a friend  The count got off on the last page, but I think I make 21 and 22. 
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

doc henderson

It is somewhat slimming but a hazard around rotational equipment.  Who is that kind gent who is clearly in touch with his ... ax women side. lol.  no offense and my apologies, to ax women everywhere.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

That would be none other than Sir Goat - AKA @POSTON WIDEHEAD himself.  Bout time he made an appearance here. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on February 06, 2019, 10:19:51 PM
It is somewhat slimming but a hazard around rotational equipment.  Who is that kind gent who is clearly in touch with his ... ax women side. lol.  no offense and my apologies, to ax women everywhere.
That's Aramix chainsaw skirt in't it?  Or is it kevlar? Hard to tell. Either way, it is very fetching.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

4x4American

Quote from: caveman on February 06, 2019, 03:43:58 PM
There are hotels a few miles north of Jake's place near the interstate.

Gas and diesel are also available.  Who would have thought that someone could put gasoline into a diesel tank?
Us northerners do that lol...Last week when it was -24 and my backhoe was gelling up (even with kerosene mixture) I dumped some gas in the tank and let it idle ...boy that cleared it right up.  5% saw gas worked good.  Use saw gas so the oil helps the injector pump stay lubed.  But alot of truckers round here when they fill up will dump gas right in with the diesel to prevent gelling it works slicker than [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better]
Boy, back in my day..

customsawyer

There is room for a few campers. If we start getting several wanting to bring one we might need to coordinate which one goes where. There is several hotels 6 miles from my location. They are at the intersection of I16 and hwy. 441. Hampton Inn, La Quinta, Fairfield  Inn, Motel 6, Super 8 and a few more that are escaping my memory right now.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Oh my.......Is it that time of year again?

I don't have a thing to wear.
Gotta get my hair fixed.
My hooves done.
So much to do.

Let me check with Kirk.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

doc henderson

As your forestry forum friend I must tell you, that dress makes your butt look big...!!! :o
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 07, 2019, 08:05:34 AM
Oh my.......Is it that time of year again?

I don't have a thing to wear.
Gotta get my hair fixed.
My hooves done.
So much to do.

Let me check with Kirk.
Don't forget to fill up the tank too - ahem.... :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

OK, lets hear the diesel/gas story.  my wife askes if I want her to put gas in my truck, I tell her no it runs on diesel.

tule peak timber

Looks like the nearest airport is Atlanta? I would need to get a rental car there and if anyone else is flying in, I'd be happy to split the car as the drive is about 2 hrs+. Is there anyplace to fish close to your place?
Any other info I might need to sway me to make a decision to come?
Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

doc henderson

Guys I have taken time off at work with a few days before and after.  I assume we are all invited.  I have been trying to get a place for Gene Wengert  to come and speak.  I will prob. just drive down. Is there anything we need to bring other than our personal protective equipment ect. ,food, computer?  Want to be a contributor, not just a consumer.  
Not sure what the count is, but pencil me in please.
  @GeneWengert-WoodDoc 

doc henderson

I reviewed the post and I think I make 23. cut_tree

customsawyer

Rob there is a couple of ponds real close to me or the Occone River is a 15 miles away. Lake Sinclare is a hour North and the Atlantic Ocean is a little over 2 hours away. Atlanta airport and Savanna is about the same distance. Some times you can get a cheaper flight into Savanna even if you have to switch planes in Atlanta.
Doc Henderson if you are a member on the forum you are invited. When we get closer to it I will add a list of things folks can bring to help out. I don't like to put the list on to early as it gets buried and difficult for people to find.  
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

aburnette165

Ill know for sure i will be there Saturday. I will have to check on my work about being there Friday. I think I will make 24. Thanks

doc henderson

Thanks CS.  I have secured the time off from work, but that can occasionally change.  I messaged Doc Gene and he says he will coordinate with you r.e. pdf of materials.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

I will have handouts (you can print ahead of time, or you can get at the class...about $3 is my copy9ng cost).

I am thinking that the DH class will start about 8:30 Eastern Daylight Time on Friday.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

K-Guy

Hi all
If scheduling works out I hope to be there.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

customsawyer

Looking forward to meeting you K-guy.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

boardmaker

Looks like my wife and I will be down for the weekend. 

I will be attending Friday and Saturday.

She has mentioned checking out Dublin on Friday so she may only attend Saturday.  And on Saturday, I'm pretty sure she will hang out with the ladies on the porch I guess. 
For some reason she isn't nearly as interested in sawmills as me?  :D

I believe that will make 25 and 26. 

What do most people bring?  Chairs, drinks, food?

123maxbars

Quote from: boardmaker on February 12, 2019, 09:50:58 AM
Looks like my wife and I will be down for the weekend.  

I will be attending Friday and Saturday.

She has mentioned checking out Dublin on Friday so she may only attend Saturday.  And on Saturday, I'm pretty sure she will hang out with the ladies on the porch I guess.  
For some reason she isn't nearly as interested in sawmills as me?  :D

I believe that will make 25 and 26.  

What do most people bring?  Chairs, drinks, food?

As far as what to bring? I am bringing WDH this nice Tennessee crotch walnut log for Jake to slice up. And some of my home made jerky. 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

At this point, I am thinking that the drying class will begin at 8:30AM.  I have arranged for everyone to get a free copy of Sawmill and Woodlot magazine.  Also, Delmhorst will have some handouts and possibly a real nice door prize.  Also, I think there will be several slightly used moisture meters as prizes.  UC Coatings will have some free samples of B.O.S.S.  And one of our own FF members, Barney67, has volunteered to do all the copying of the handouts as his way of saying "Thanks" for all the info shared here.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

123maxbars

Good deal Gene, looking forward to all of this, appreciate your efforts, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!