iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oil less fryer

Started by 69bronco, February 10, 2018, 07:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronco

Anyone using them? Comments, recommendations?  Sounds to good to be true!

Grizzly

I don't have any experience with them. But as I've sat here pondering I'm wondering why I'd want one. I use oils/grease all the time when I'm cooking and mostly for flavor and ease of cooking. If I'm just doing onions and mushrooms I prefer bacon grease but if I'm doing a full array of vegetables I prefer olive oil or something like that. Peanut oil works well if you don't want to add too much flavor but still want a hint. So would health require an oil less cooking? I ain't convinced on many of these new ideas.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

69bronco

Quote from: Grizzly on February 10, 2018, 10:34:57 AM
I don't have any experience with them. But as I've sat here pondering I'm wondering why I'd want one. I use oils/grease all the time when I'm cooking and mostly for flavor and ease of cooking. If I'm just doing onions and mushrooms I prefer bacon grease but if I'm doing a full array of vegetables I prefer olive oil or something like that. Peanut oil works well if you don't want to add too much flavor but still want a hint. So would health require an oil less cooking? I ain't convinced on many of these new ideas.
Thanks griz, wasn't looking for the health benefits of deep frying. I do it all the time, just asking if anyone has tried one of these gadgets and there results.

Chop Shop

I think they burn houses down.

Ianab

Mainly use ours for potato chips, either home made or frozen ones.

Works great for that.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

21incher

There are quite a few YouTube videos about them and they look handy if you are avoiding fats, but from what I have watched many people still spray on oils for flavor. I think it is just another appliance that would sit in a closet in my house.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WV Sawmiller

Is this the same thing they advertise on TV as air fryers for only 4 low monthly payments of $39.95? Also advertised as a dehydrator? They look tempting. I am interested in the reports here.

I assume this is the same company that sells the "Set it and Forget it" rotisseries. I did buy 3 of them 10-12 years ago, kept one, gave each of my kids one and we have all been real happy with them. Makes good chicken pieces in the basket. Just season with salt and pepper and cook per directions. Does a great roast pork loin too. I should use it a lot more.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Grizzly

Read my reply #2 up there. Man, I sounded negative didn't I?! Sorry bout that.

Southside

I did not see it that way the first time nor now Griz. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Grizzly

Southside

Of course I ain't gonna poke a bear!!   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Griz,

I just saw it as a statement of fact and nothing negative IMHO. Some foods don't lend themselves to any other kind of frying.

I was thinking how I like to fry a strip or two of bacon to grease the pan then add and fry a pack of hot dogs cut crossway into 1/2" cubes or a couple of pieces of sausage cut into thin rounds then cut up a big cabbage head and fry it in the bacon grease with the hot dogs or sausage and serve with good hot corn bread. If you can get it Swamp cabbage (Heart of palm) is real good cooked that way too.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

69bronco

Quote from: Grizzly on February 11, 2018, 04:39:42 PM
Read my reply #2 up there. Man, I sounded negative didn't I?! Sorry bout that.
No problem here! I'm not convinced on this oil less thing either. Although it might be nice for a batch of fries or similar without stinking up the kitchen and greasing the cupboards.

Raider Bill

I have a friend that does wings in her's. They come out pretty DanG good with out the hassle of messing with grease.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bert

We have airfryer XL. pretty much just a glorified oven...maybe glorified microwave. French fries and stuff come out a little bit crispier than an oven and alot faster but not like deep fried that they suggest. Its just hot air with a fan. I like it... but its in no way, shape or form a deep fryer.
Saw you tomorrow!

Thank You Sponsors!