iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My F-250 Diesel

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 15, 2015, 06:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

Our 91 f450s get only 10-12mpg. But just guessing. One thing for sure is the best part of the day is shutting it off. They are loud. At idle they put me to sleep.

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

coxy

Quote from: Tom the Sawyer on July 20, 2016, 06:08:51 PM
My 2001, F350, dually flatbed with the V10 averages 8 mpg.
sounds like my dodge 1500 with the hemi will pass anything but a gas station  :D :D :D :D

chevytaHOE5674

Picked up some hay ground 40 miles from home this year. Little further than I care to drive my old tractors so the 99 7.3L with 237k miles on the clock dragged the mower tractor down there this afternoon at 55mph in 88° heat without any trouble, even had the A/C blasting the whole time. Tractor and trailer weight in at around 20k lbs.

Carson-saws

jmouton...understand your point.  Bottom line is...as long as you are happy...than the rest doesn't matter. Enjoy Sir.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

ppine

Diesels shine at the fuel pumps, that is for certain.  I have owned many gas trucks over the years and sold most of them after they had about 130,000 miles or before.  The diesel has 160,000 miles on it and is going up in value.  That is what makes them such great vehicles. Not only do they pull better, and get better mileage, but once they are experienced, they hold their value much better and for much longer. Paying an extra $5,000 up front is paid back several times later.

I love diesels. In most of the rest of world, diesels run everything, outboard motors, lawn mowers, cars, and all kinds of trucks.
Forester

Carson-saws

ppine...definitely on point Sir.  Only thing that bothers me...why is it that Diesel costs more than 3 different grades of refined gasoline and is the "bi-product" in the refining of gas.  Some will say "supply and demand"  but typically diesel was less expensive to fill-er-up.  I did try that "other dieselfuel" and it worked out okay but no matter, I STILL want to know why.  Lately around here, diesel is the same as or a tad cheaper than gas and I can live with that.  Just try to put it in perspective.  Pretty much EVERYTHING is distributed from: Import/export ships, dock handling equipment, semis, straight trucks and than in turn is reflected in what a consumer pays for food, cloths and such. I am ONLY speaking in regard to distribution.

But I do love my diesel and bite the bullett on parts and service.  Which is why I always make the attempt to repair it myself.

square1

C-saws,
It's not so much "supply and demand" as it is just "demand".  Diesel is pretty much a commercial fuel, the price (profit) can be greater because the demand won't go down as the price goes up.  Consumers can buy a more efficient vehicle, not take the boat out, mow less lawn, carpool, etc... to lessen the demand for gas.  Big trucks aren't going to get a whole lot more MPG than they currently are while pulling 20~ 30 or more tons of manufactured goods down the road, and the goods have to get to the market, so the cost (profit margin) is greater.  Don't worry though, it gets passed on to you ;)

Magicman

For what it is worth; 12 gallons of Diesel and 19 gallons of gasoline can be extracted from a 42 gallon barrel of crude.  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Carson-saws

square1...ALL absolutely true..or should I say ..sad yet true.  What bothers me the VERY most is hearing the oil companies boasting about their billion dollar profits.  We both know diesel is far less costly to produce than the refining of gasoline.  Like I stated...it is residual fall out in refining.  Not so long ago diesel was far less expensive and the "demand" factor (perspectively speaking) has not changed.  To be able to justify such a significant rise in diesel only reflects greed by oil folks.  I know I know quit my whining and go fill up uer stuff..  Guess I just felt like venting.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 25, 2016, 02:15:36 PM
For what it is worth; 12 gallons of Diesel and 19 gallons of gasoline can be extracted from a 42 gallon barrel of crude.  LINK

pc_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

ppine

It is not an accident, that diesel got more expensive when the EPA required the sulfur to be taken out of it.
Forester

bucknwfl

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on July 24, 2016, 04:29:55 PM
Picked up some hay ground 40 miles from home this year. Little further than I care to drive my old tractors so the 99 7.3L with 237k miles on the clock dragged the mower tractor down there this afternoon at 55mph in 88° heat without any trouble, even had the A/C blasting the whole time. Tractor and trailer weight in at around 20k lbs.

Nice looking tractor.  We had a 6080 and a 7000 for years
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

Carson-saws

ppine...that is true...but....still does not require the refining of 3 different grade levels of gasoline...and is still a bi-product IN the refining process. 

Thank You Sponsors!