iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Issues with Gearmatic 19 will not release or reel in.

Started by SHR, April 22, 2018, 03:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHR

We have rebuilt the master controller of our Gearmatic 19 and it will not release and Free spool. We can hear parts moving in the winch when the control handle is moved and the cable moves when the lever is engaged.  any thoughts would be appreciated.

lopet

I am no expert here but when you can hear parts moving inside the winch it sounds like you have to pull things apart and then ask for the experts to chime in, good luck anyways. Some guys love them , some hate them.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

pdxh20

Here's what it looks like inside:  8)

Have a look at my IH S-8 skidder project thread for more...they can be a bear to pull apart, but if you put 'em back together right and don't let 'em sit forever to seize up, they pull like crazy and never need adjustments.
'56 American crawler crane, Komatsu mini-ex, multiple Stihl saws, '75 IH S-8 cable skidder, 2000 F450 30' bucket truck, '95 Chev 4 x 4 2500 p/u, '05 Sprinter SHC 2500 van

Brian w

I am not a winch mechanic just a logger but it sounds like u just need to do some adjusting should be two bolts one adjust the brake the other adjust the winch in side sounds like your brake is to tight try to hook it to something and try to pull it off that way 

Gary Davis

if IT WORKED BEFORE IT MIGHT JUST HAVE AIR IN THE LINES

jd540b

X2 on the lines.  I have to bleed the lines ALOT to work air out of system in ione of my machines before it will release.  Usually pumping winch lever for 15-20 min.  Even at that usually takes a few hrs to come to it.

Thank You Sponsors!