iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot Legs

Started by luvmexfood, January 18, 2014, 01:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Let me start off with saying I love fried chicken legs. One of the few foods with a built in handle for eating. They are good for supper and then good to take as a lunch when working in the woods.

What I was wondering if anyone has tried using them in place of wings for buffalo chicken wings. Wings used to be a cheap item but now they are expensive.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sawguy21

Give 'em a try. They are a great meal hot or cold.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

drobertson

I say yes, I ran into the same issues here, high priced wings, on top of what seemed to be a shortage as well.
I rolled the legs in Franks hot sauce, then double rolled in egg and flour,  just as good as any wing or tenders,
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pappy19

Just fry whatever pieces of chicken you like and the pour some wing sauce over it. Famous Dave's has some good wing sauce or make your own.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Magicman

Since the "running gear" is the bestest parts of a chickin', then that just can not be beated.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ancjr

I've done whole chickens in wing sauce and can wholeheartedly endorse it.  :D

luvmexfood

Magicman. You have started a new saying around my house. It's just me and my 16 year old daughter here some. When I told her we were having chicken "running gear" she laughed her tail off. Fixed some the other day and was saving a few back when I discover we were out of hot sauce. That's a no no in this house. Right behind running out of toilet paper.

I will catch a big family pack on sale and fry them all up. Last time I did daughter ate them for supper with peas and mashed potatoes, next morning I asked her what she wanted for breakfast. Her reply "we got anymore of that running gear". Biscuits, bacon, running gear, peas and mashed potatoes for breakfast. Supper that night. Running gear of course. Least I can say she is a chip off her dads block.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd rather eat the running gear than the bumper.  ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

I like chicken as well as any man, but I get 60 chances a month to eat it while I'm at work. None of those chances include hot wings. I tend to go for something besides chicken when i get home.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Quote from: luvmexfood on March 18, 2014, 08:34:10 PM
Magicman. You have started a new saying around my house.
Of course that could be modified to "airplane chicken", which is wings and landing gear.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

luvmexfood

Finally got around to making some "hotlegs" sort of. The local grocery store had some legs with a hot cajun seasoning on them in an aluminun tray ready for baking. Actually cheaper than plain legs.

Anyway I baked and smothered with hot sauce. Pretty good. I ate about 5 and took my plate with the bones in kitchen and set on counter. In a few minutes I heard the cat jump on the counter and then in a few seconds a  loud "meoooow". Guess she didn't like the hot sauce.

Yoopersaw

I use them all the time.  A lot more meat for the dollar.

Thank You Sponsors!