iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have a question.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 05, 2016, 09:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

On the end of railroad ties they drive in an "S" shape piece of metal to help with the tie checking.

What are these called and where can you get them?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Our tie buyer uses the flat nail plate on the ends which has replaced the S Cleat.  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandsawmill14

you can order them in 5 gallon buckets in either plastic or metal cleat but i cant find the link now ::) i dont know where i put it ??? :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Sawmill Man

Search for s-irons. I think you will find several suppliers.
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

terrifictimbersllc

Uccoatings.com the anchorseal supplier used to sell them and a special hammer to use with them.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sandsawmill14

the best i can remember the cleats werent to bad but the hammer was expensive :)

scleigh

They (whoever they is) make a plastic one that looks like a capital I. The last load of walnut I bought had them in the ends; you just saw through them.

sandsawmill14

i have seen a few of those to but only in a few walnut and cherry :)

Thank You Sponsors!