iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

40 Years today

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 02, 2017, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Well, today makes 40 years we have been married. Got off the rifle range at USMC Base Quantico July 1, 1977, rushed to DC to catch a plane and almost missed it. Landed in Huntsville-Decatur and rushed to the wedding rehearsal. Had dinner with family and friends, got up next morning and my FIL married us at 2:00 pm then rushed back to Quantico. Hardly seems like we have slowed down since.

We have a son and daughter, 3 granddaughters and a 6 month old miracle grandson. Got my wife her pet mule 20 years ago for 20 year anniversary. Worked and traveled on 5 continents since then.

I guess I have too much time and money invested in her now even though she still needs training in some areas. I guess I might as well keep her.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Don P

Congratulations!
For your sake I'm assuming "training in progress" is the mule  :D

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

yukon cornelius

Awesome! Congratulations to both of you!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

VictorH

Congratulations and wishing you many more!

Bruno of NH

You have lived a full life
Congratulations on 40 years
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bert

Congrats WV! You're tales of life here are an inspiration. From the military, hunting, sawmilling, and life in general your one of the many reasons this is a great site.
Saw you tomorrow!

rjwoelk

Well congratulations for 40 years.
Today is ours as well. Only we are just 34 years.
Hope i did not read between the lines and take it the mule had a impact on the training of the wife. ;D
I have given up with the training. I think. But she has not.  :P
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sandhills

Congratulations Mr and Mrs WV!  I'd bet the mule would be easier to train than you though  ;).

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hope you have many more happy years.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

samandothers

Congratulations!  Hope you celebrate in a fun way. 

I enjoy your posts about forestry related activity?  The postings of your wife's photos are a great bonus, such as those of the pileated woodpecker.  I also enjoy hearing of your past adventures with her on those other continents and places y'all visited.

WV Sawmiller

Thanks to all for your well wishes.

Sandhills,

I am well trained and have not left the seat up in years. We gave up on training the mule many years ago. I think the last time I tried to put him to work was to drag a dead deer out of the woods. Blackjack got scared, ran in a circle and tied me to a dead dogwood then took off running with the deer bouncing behind him. I thought I was going to have to shoot the mule to recover the deer.

RJ,

Congrats to you and your missus. Keep on working on it and with my memory loss you may still catch up with us.

Don P,

As I mentioned I have given up on training the mule. I'd probably be as successful giving up on training the wife.

Sam,

We went out for our traditional Chinese meal. (Don't let her find out as she thinks the Chinese is a fun tradition as a Chinese place was all there was available at first. Little does she know how much I have saved over the years feeding her Chinese instead of steak and lobster.)

I did make the mistake of getting her one rose for each year and that is getting pretty pricey. I suggested maybe getting silk roses then each year I could just buy one more and add to the bouquet but that did not fly well and Sampson's dog house is way to small for him and me.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

maple flats

Congratulation. My wife and I are racing towards 50, come Oct 13. In fact it will be a harmonic convergence, we were married on Friday the 13th and our 50th will also be a Friday the 13th.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Stoneyacrefarm

Congrats WV!!
Let's hope for another successful 40.  :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

petefrom bearswamp

Wishing you folks all the best
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

wolf nemeth

Attaboy!  Glad to hear the magic is still working. Yah, I tried living with a mule and  my wife  decades ago.  The mule  could have learned a thing or two about stubbornness from my wife, and  only one of them  could split firewood.... so I sold the mule.
If you  don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else!

Thank You Sponsors!