Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

DaleK

Definitely not. A full cord on a half ton will break something before you drive that far
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

Chop Shop

Thats a FULL CraigsList cord tho!!   ;D

Southside

At least the ratchet strap will keep it from falling off..... ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Kwill

It was actually a local Facebook ad. Guy sets at Walmart and sells it. He got mad when I asked him where the rest of the cord was. Told me that we could stack it out and he'd knock 20 bucks off if it wasn't a cord 8)
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Southside

I buy all my firewood and puppies from the local Wal-Mart parking lot..... :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Kwill

It's kinda funny. People are ripping him a new one on his Facebook ad
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Don P

Quote from: Kwill on February 10, 2018, 09:03:18 PM
It was actually a local Facebook ad. Guy sets at Walmart and sells it. He got mad when I asked him where the rest of the cord was. Told me that we could stack it out and he'd knock 20 bucks off if it wasn't a cord 8)

Unless firewood is $40/cord I think you'd be better off stacking it and letting him go back for the rest of the advertised cord before paying him.

Woodcutter_Mo

He might have close to 2/3 cord I'd say, looks shy of a full cord to me though. I'd have to see it stacked before paying though for sure. It's been a while since I hauled wood in an 8' pickup bed though. Iirc a half cord was a prety fair load in a pickup bed, fairly rounded over with the tailgate down and loaded.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

jason.weir

Let me play devil's advocate here.

A 8' bed is 5 1/2' wide and 2' high at the bed rails.  So water level is 2/3 of a cord (minus wheel wells)

8 x 5.5 x 2 = 88 cubic feet

Its stacked at least 4' in the middle, lets call it a 3 foot average height..

That certainly should be close to a full cord 8 x 5.5 * 3 = 132 cubic feet.

if it was stacked square at 4' high it would be almost a cord and a half.

-J

Woodcutter_Mo

He may be closer to a full cord than I think, I've seen full cords hauled with side boards that are about even with the top of the cab which is a bit over 3'. But they looked like alot more wood.  I'd still have to see it stacked.

-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

TeaW

Maybe he is just doing the best he can with what he has to work with, at least he is trying.
TeaW

gspren

Most modern US truck beds are about 19-20" deep, don't know of any that are 24".
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

celliott

A cord of hard maple is what, 5700lbs? Even at a 1/2 cord you're seriously overloading the payload of a 1/2 ton.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

thecfarm

Yes,he is trying. But trying to take advanatage of someone that don't know what a cord should look like?
I not saying is it,not saying it is a cord. But it's a Ford,   :D       :D        :D   could have a cord.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodcutter_Mo

Quote from: TeaW on February 11, 2018, 08:12:04 AM
Maybe he is just doing the best he can with what he has to work with, at least he is trying.

There's nothing wrong with doing the best with what you have, that's what I do. The question is whether that is in fact a full cord as claimed or not, assuming that's how it's advertised.  ;)

And regardless of how much firewood that is, that is a load for that truck no doubt. Looks to be sitting hard on the bump stops.  ;D
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

TKehl

We'll stack our pickup bed trailers a little higher than that and have a row on the tailgate.  When I do that, I figure it's 3/4 of a cord.  Yes, they are overloaded, but they handle the half mile at 4 MPH from the woods to my stove just fine.   ;)

What's he charging?
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

chevytaHOE5674

For reference I restacked this load on the ground nice tight and neat and it was right around 3/4 of a full 128cuft cord. That's a 3/4 ton with 1 ton springs sitting real close to the bump stops...

coxy

how much wood could a wood truck hold if a wood truck could truck wood  :D 8)

Kwill

There is alot more wood on the red ford than the white ford by far.  The guy with the white ford advertised it as a full cord and argued with me when i asked where the rest of the cord was.
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Kwill

I hate seeing people get ripped off on wood. And this guy was clearly trying to rip people off.
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Woodcutter_Mo

Yeah that red Ford definitely has alot more wood. You can see why alot of people are very weary about who they buy firewood from, and for good reason.

When I've sold wood in the past, I would add several more pieces to make sure when I delivered it and stacked it that it was a bit over a cord or rick, to keep people from having doubts.
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

Jeff

Quote from: Kwill on February 11, 2018, 01:20:21 PM
I hate seeing people get ripped off on wood. And this guy was clearly trying to rip people off.

Or, he just didn't know any better and thought he was right.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kwill

He had quite a few people on the FB ad telling him it wasn't a full cord and he just argued. I told him he had some nice looking wood. Cut good and split nice but he was shy of a cord
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Thank You Sponsors!