iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need portable mill services for 54" wide job in MO

Started by chadp, May 19, 2018, 11:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadp

Hi folks,

I've got 3 big walnut logs that I need to get slabbed in Southwest MO, near Joplin. ~1400 bf total.

(2) 10 footers in the 34-50" range
(1) 3 footer, 33-46"ish.

Any leads would be appreciated. Feels like I'm looking for a unicorn, as I have a deadline of 5/26.

Thank you,
Chad.

WV Sawmiller

I'd check the members listed here on the FF (See Extras above) who advertise in your area and if no luck there go to the WM site (See Services tab) and check out their near-by pro-sawyers. Contact any close and if they can't do that kind of work see if they know someone who does. If no luck there I'd start with local aborists/tree service people and see if they have such equipment or know someone who does.

I try to keep up with what is in my area and if I can't do the work I try to let people know who can. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TKehl

Can't do that big with my equipment yet...

Check the Fayetteville C-List.  There's a guy there that advertises slabs.  I think he used to do
custom cutting as well, but not sure if he still does or if it's the same guy.  Has a Peterson if it's the same guy.

Why the time crunch?
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Larry

Andy will do it but I don't think he is portable.  You might call.

2ndlifewood - Home

Might not be too far out of your way.  South Fayetteville Ar area.

Their are a couple others in the area but hit and miss....mostly miss.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Brad_bb

So you need someone with a wide chainsaw mill or a Lucas or Peterson slabber.  Start with FF members and finding local sawyers to ask who has that capacity.  Find them via Craigslist, internet search and Woodmizer pro-sawyer network.  Ask enough local sawyers and someone will know someone.  Don't be surprised if they quote you $100/hr.  If a chainsaw mill it's tough work.  I don't know about a Lucas slabbing mill.  It will probably average out to $100 per slab.  Just my guess.  

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

CX3

John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!