iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truck Bed Organizing

Started by Magicman, May 22, 2018, 02:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I have had a bit of time on my hands lately so I decided to make some improvements regarding the back of my truck.

I did some searching and found this neat little secondary tool box:  Tool Box

There is room for two chainsaws plus everything else that was cluttering the back of my truck.  The large tool box is reserved for sawmilling stuff.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Now you got me thinking about what I need to do for mine. of course you know you opened yourself up to criticism for using buying a metal box instead of using wood. ;)

I like the idea of having your sawing stuff together as a basic kit so you know have everything and less likely to forget some insignificant, until you need it, tool or spare part. Looks good BTW.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Spare bar, chains, wedges, axe, lube, fuel, files, marking paint, wire brushes, and the list goes on.  It did wonders for me plus I am now not stumbling over everything getting to the large box.  Heck, I can even find stuff in it now without unloading everything else. 

I needed to have done this many years ago.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

E-Tex

MM, how do you carry your blades?  (coiled up, build a blade box, or just in the wood-mizer cartons they come in, other?)
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

WV Sawmiller

E-Tex,

Shame on you >:(  :o. I can't believe as many times as we have posted blade transport and storage you don't remember seeing the world famous Magic Can. ;)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

E-Tex

L2 Sawmill LLC

ladylake

https://goo.gl/images/fEVcwU

These are by far the best truck beds for on the road sawing, I bought a truck with one it not knowing how good it works.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

Quote from: E-Tex on May 22, 2018, 03:12:16 PM
MM, how do you carry your blades?  (coiled up, build a blade box, or just in the wood-mizer cartons they come in, other?)
Blade Can in Sawmills and Milling

I have been using the above for many years, and as a side note, the Gorilla tape is still on the can after 3 years of use.  If I am on an extended road trip, I will also carry a couple of "cubes" of 10 blades on the back seat of the truck.

Steve, your illustration would be nice if I had a dedicated work truck, but I am limited to one truck which also serves recreational purposes.

E-Tex

dang....now I have another project to add to the list!!!!!!  gotta go to home depot again!
L2 Sawmill LLC

Magicman

It's gotta have that 18" bottom and yes, mine came from HD.  Without the rivets you could bolt/nut it together and don't forget the Gorilla Tape.   ;D

WV Sawmiller

Here is another option - both work, just personal preference. 

Howard Green

E-Tex

In my QuickBooks accounting software, i'll be adding an Expense Line item called Forestry Forum Expense......because everyone has too many great ideas and I spend too much money trying to copy y'all.!!!!! :)
L2 Sawmill LLC

ladylake

Quote from: Magicman on May 22, 2018, 05:08:07 PM
Quote from: E-Tex on May 22, 2018, 03:12:16 PM
MM, how do you carry your blades?  (coiled up, build a blade box, or just in the wood-mizer cartons they come in, other?)
Blade Can in Sawmills and Milling

I have been using the above for many years, and as a side note, the Gorilla tape is still on the can after 3 years of use.  If I am on an extended road trip, I will also carry a couple of "cubes" of 10 blades on the back seat of the truck.

Steve, your illustration would be nice if I had a dedicated work truck, but I am limited to one truck which also serves recreational purposes.

I do run a dedicated work truck, too much work changing over from fun to work truck.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SawyerTed

Dang it Magicman!  You sure do keep the pressure on the rest of us!

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

When the day comes that I am sawing and not having fun, I will hang up my Logrite.

Sixacresand

MM.  Good job and example.  Tool boxes are better choice than camper shells for sure.  I once had a job box that I loaded on the mill with loading arms and strapped on, but it was a pain to deal with.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

barbender

I would be ashamed to show a picture of the back of my truck here😂
Too many irons in the fire

E-Tex

Quote from: barbender on May 23, 2018, 06:29:08 PM
I would be ashamed to show a picture of the back of my truck here😂
laugh_at    That's funny right there!!!!
L2 Sawmill LLC

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

There are several pictures of mine on here.  This one was taken without the sawmill spare tire.  The new/additional box really tidied things up and made life more simple.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!