iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Zero turn Mower.

Started by Jeff, June 29, 2018, 12:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've got to take a moment to rave about my mower. Our yard looks better this year than it ever has and much of the credit goes to our Wood-Mizer mower. I'm sure the neighbors hate me because enjoy mowing so much with this mower that their yard always look like they need attention. 

I can't wait to show it off at the pigroast as I'm am really proud to own such a quality machine. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Lawg Dawg

Yeah Man, sharp looking yard and machine...did you get the 52 or 61?
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

sawguy21

8) A quality z turn is fun to operate and does a great job in less time. Glad it's working well for you.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

It's the 52. I would have issues getting anything bigger around.

Peter Drouin

What setting do you use? I keep my deck blades up as far as it will go, Hit fewer rocks that way.  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

2".  I want to walk on it, not in it. :D

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

47sawdust

You driving it in the 4th of July parade?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

Nope, sure aint. Not after being fumed out by a road runner 426 hemi running race fuel in front of our T-Bird a few years ago. No more parades for me. The bird didn't like the air coming in and neither did we.

Dave Shepard

That's a very unique smell best taken in small dosages. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

The only time we ever had trouble with the way the t-bird ran was while following that car. The exhaust coming off from it choked out the bird.

Jeff

While the neighbors are spending hours raking and blowing and bagging or burning multiple times a week, I go out and it takes me about 35 minutes to mulch the yard. I only have to run over it once. One of the pictures shows a split of my yard and the neighbors. I wait until there are about that many leaves, then go out and drive around.  I was concerned having fenced my yard in that leaves this year were going to be overwhelming.  NOPE!  I enjoy chopping them up now!

moosehunter

And it is so much better for your lawn to mulch those leaves rather than haul them away! 
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

John Mc

Personally, I've never been one to worry too much about lawns. My leaves stay right where they fall unless the wind blows them away.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Chuck White

Seemed nice this Fall to see leaves and NO White Pine needles on my lawn!

Mother Nature helped me out this past Spring by taking out two huge White Pine trees that were always leaving their load of needles on the lawn, and now they're not!  8)  :)

The trees made some pretty good lumber!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

I'm one that likes a nice lawn. The better manicured, the easier to see the dog piles.  I mulch those now too!

Dave Shepard

I'd mow regularly if I had one of those mowers. But I don't, so I hit it with the 7' field mower twice a year whether it needs it or not.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Al_Smith

With the amount of leaves I have it takes me several times of mulching .What the Toro doesn't get the Stihl back pack blower does .I'm not a big fan of a leaf rake unless someone else is using it .

WDH

I have whacks of leaves :)

Nothing like having a good leaf blower.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wesdor

I have another brand including a vacuum system. Once we dry out I'll run the ZTR with bagger attached and dump into my compost pile. 

Jeff, you are so correct,  ZTRs make a huge difference.

Jeff

I like that I don't need to dump them in my compost. I'm composting in place.

Corley5

We blow ours back into the woods and forget about them.  This year we don't have any where near as many as usual because of the forest tent caterpillars last summer.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

:D :D :D Only you would come back with that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!