iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Saw- 372XP or 576XP

Started by labradorguy, August 15, 2018, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

labradorguy

I am in need of a new saw but am not really up on Husky's new line. This saw would be in the lineup with my old 371xp.

For years, my go to system is to head out to the woods with the 371xp 24" bar and a 395xp with a 36" bar. Between the two of those saws, a person can make a woods look a lot different in a day's time....

I started looking online at the 372xp and then came across the 576xp. They seems pretty similar on paper with the 576 looking like it is just a wee bit higher in hp. I have never saw a 576 and was just wondering what the major differences were other than that??

It took me exactly one day of cutting to fall in love with the 371xp. It's a screamer. I want the next saw to be just like it so I am guessing that would be the 372? 

Is there a way to get the pollution crap off of these new saws?

Thanks for any advice.

Fishnuts2

I had a 371 and then acquired a 576 w/ manual carb adjustment.  I really liked the 371, but the 576 is a little bit faster and smoother, so I sold the 371 when I had the chance.  Both have 24" bars.
There is no pollution gadgets to remove on the 576.  It runs clean as is with the X-torque porting so no cat muffler on it.

HolmenTree

My experience with the576XP AutoTune was very positive and they were the early ones from about 10 years ago.
Very smooth and excellent power like a 80cc class saw.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

labradorguy

Thanks for the replies.

Guy at the shop told me that they had cats that dogged them down. Must not know what he is talking about.

Specs he showed me showed that the 372 was a higher revving saw than the 576 but that is about all I got from him. He said the 372 was discontinued but they are still on the Husky site.

I'm just trying to figure out what he was correct on and what he was totally off on.....

Isn't the point of going to a brick and mortar place to purchase so you can talk to someone who is knowledgeable?? Grrrr.

Did a little more checking and saw a 572 now... This is getting too complicated for me.

All I need to do is replace a 371xp that I bought in 1997. It's been through hell and back a dozen times and is still going strong, but I want another smaller saw in the truck and I'm not dragging out the old stihl farmer saw.

HELP!!!! lol

outinthewood

It's a little confusing at the moment with regards to the Husqvarna line up depending where you are in the world ! 
The "new" 572 XP has now in most European markets replaced the 372 XP Xt and the 576 XP. The 572 was first rolled out in Poland, Austria and Swiss markets at the end of '17 and into the rest of Europe this year and it would appear so popular no longer avalible till '19 ! which is the time you fellas in the Nth American market ( and the rest of the world !) will get the 572.
I have or have had in a pro capacity ( 5 days a week falling oversize timber) 372 XP, 372 XP Xt, 576 XP AT and 572 XP. 
The 576 is I think the smoothest saw on the market but  bettered in power by the 572. The non X torque 372 is quite the yardstick, as is the Stihl 440/044, for most production saws in the 70cc ish range. 372 XP Xt is a good saw and as can be seen on another thread here is a good base for enhancement if you are so inclined ! 
If you are in a hurry to replace then the 576 is a good choice , I have two, it will run a 24" very well and a 28" with no drama. If you can wait then the 572 is the one to wait for. It has very good air filter system and the AT is much faster . I posted a couple of videos of my 572 on youtube "outinthewood" there is a couple of my 576s as well.  

HolmenTree

Your dealer was referring to the old edition 372XP that replaced the 371XP about 18 years ago. It was replaced by the 372XP X-Torq about 10 years ago.

The latest upgraded 576XP AutoTune would presently be my choice but if I was to wait a bit longer I'd definitely buy the 572XP
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Southside

I have a couple spare 372xp's for the future, still new. There is a very good reason that saw is still around. Personally I won't switch until there is no other option. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

labradorguy

Thanks guys. I guess I will cool my jets and wait for this new one to hit the US market. The old 371 will still out cut most anything in it's class, I'll just keep cutting with it for the time being. 

20 years and 18 bazillion Ozark hardwood trees and it still runs like it is brand new.... I hope they are still building them as solidly. It probably doesn't hurt it that it has never had a tank of ethanol/gas ran through it and that I run it at 35:1 instead of what Husky recommended... but regardless, it's been a darn solid saw.

Southside

I run mine at 32:1, marine injection oil, always have, always will. Can't easily get ethanol free gas here so I use pump 87 gas in them.  They are built tough.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!