iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Got up this morning to 12° at 6:00, and the snow from yesterday morning still looking back at me!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

69bronco

10 degree's here this morning, with a refreshing little breeze :snowman:

SwampDonkey

6F this morning and little breeze starting up from the east. More snow tonight. :snowball:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Singles numbers here too,8°. I can remember deer hunting season would be warm. Too warm to hang a deer.Use to see deer hanging alot when I was growing up. Temps in the mid 50's stopped that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pineywoods

Somebody up in the glaciated north must have left the door open and let all the cold escape to the south. Down in the mid 20's here the last 2 mornings. Dusting of snow yesterday and a heavy frost this morn. That with 90 % humidity and a wicked north wind, I been keeping the fire in the wood stove warm. My mill absolutely won't run below 45 deg F. The operator freezes up. ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

lxskllr

34°, snow coming down, fire in my stove, cat in my lap, classical on the radio, and Laphroaig in my glass. Life is perfect  :^)

SwampDonkey

3:00 pm, I think it's nap time. zzzz_smiley

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gspren

We are up to about 5" of the 1-3 predicted, a bit much for this early but it probably won't last long. I still have the mower on the Kubota and need to change to the blower but my backs been acting up, might be time to see how mechanical the 13 yo neighbor boy is.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

Went to the big city today,kinda an hour away. At 40 minutes into our trip off The Farm,the snow is thinning,about 5 more minutes,none to be found.
Snowblower is on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

So far no snow, but it is coming. I can still see Oakfield windmills so not on those hills yet. ;D

thecfarm

Snow. But another fine snow. Snow all day and get 3 inches. On the busy roads don't even need to plow the roads. It just blows of to the sides. Maybe 4 inches,so far. 30° Stay tuned!!

SwampDonkey

Suppose to snow heavier tonight, 2" an hour in Houltan area, warning came over NOAA.

Chuck White

Woke up this morning to 6½ inches of snow, as measured on the ole picnic table out in the back yard!

Through the course of the day, we've gotten another inch of snow and still slowly falling and 35°
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Storm is over here, plow went.

lxskllr

The couple inches of snow we got is surprisingly persistent considering it was ~42° today. Not a bad day at work. A laborer was blowing the snow off the concrete, and I can't stand the sound of air. That'll kill your hearing quicker than anything. I put in ear plugs, and the construction site disappeared. Cool wind on my face, and intermittent sun(I prefer cloudy). It was almost like not working at all.

thecfarm

2 inches an hour is stay at home snow. The snow plows can't keep up on that amount.

thecfarm

32°. Looks like a good melting day is coming.

goose63

10 below wind chill the big storm went south olny 2 inch not the 8 thy were talking abought

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

42°,that will settled that snow we got. Not much for sun.

SwampDonkey

Mid 20's here is as warm as it got. Had sun in the morning then overcast by noon.

snowstorm

a little snow for sunday nite monday then a bigger one for tuesday

Pulphook

+/-5" wet snow ( Downeast near cf ). Just a PITA along with a construction screw in the new tire.
But with Laphroaig (you hear llxkllr ? ) and a nap all is well. Earl won't plow this today since the dirt is soft and he says "tough".
How about a Laphroaig thread ? :snowball:
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

thecfarm

Sun is out!!! But will not get above freezing today.

snowstorm

is cf columbia  falls??

Chuck White

Light snow with a Westerly light breeze and 34° here this morning!

Thank You Sponsors!