iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer watching

Started by CLL, March 05, 2009, 05:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VT_Forestry

Quote from: drobertson on November 22, 2013, 08:47:07 AM
Urban seasons seem to be on the increase, maybe this would work in your area, it does help reduce the vehicle incidents and in breeding issues,  but on the other hand its nice to see how big deer can become when allowed to get some age,    david

I agree - There's a lot of politickin' involved, and since some of this property is claimed as city park (although we maintain ownership/management of it), that means that the Parks folks have a say in what goes on.  That being said, the head of Parks is not a fan of hunting/wildlife management of any kind, and according to my records, has successfully maintained that opinion for the past 30 years  ::) 
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Texas Ranger

Hunting in east Texas, we are getting bigger and better deer with better management.

http://www.polkcountytoday.com/deerpics102713.html
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Scott

~Ron

Magicman

Ron, is that a spring, salt lick, or ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

That same spot gets a lot of business, Ron.  ???
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ron Scott

An old mineral site from previous years still gets activity.
~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Larry

Mom, pop, and the twins taking care of my grass.  No charge.

Picture out of the kitchen window.

B-I-L is a university wildlife biologist that specializes in deer.  We have discussed several times what is going on in the picture.  We believe the buck is the does previous year fawn that just stuck around.  In most cases the doe runs off the fawns from the previous year (at least the buck fawns) right before dropping new fawns.  I've only seen this happen a few times in the last 50 years.

I've been seeing this foursome almost daily for the last month.  This was the first time they were close enough together to get em all in the picture.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

thecfarm

That is a mighty nice picture.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

I didn't get a picture but this morning on my way to work I had 3 buck run across the road in front of me. biggest in front smallest in back. all in velvet. was really kool to see. Happy I saw them before they decided they wanted a closeup of the truck grill.

The lighting was perfect to really show off the velvet covered antlers. would have been a great shot.

Ron Scott

~Ron

thecfarm

I've been seeing one deer. Or so I thought,until I saw the one with another one. ;D Both bucks,but not much for horns. :(  Take two sticks,about 6 inches long,with lobes, and you have it on top on thier heads.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

Monday night we were driving back from one of my wife's favorite places, Charles Town Races and Slots, and I counted 31 deer in the road or on the side.  This was in 66 miles.  In one group there was eleven.  I know because I had to slow WAY DOWN to keep from hitting SEVERAL of them.

Thank You Sponsors!