iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw use time?

Started by diesel55, June 22, 2004, 11:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel55

What does occassional use mean for a chainsaw?

Oregon_Rob

That's the typical response of most addicts! :D
In my book, that means under 5 cords a year. I could be wrong and according to my wife, I usually am!
Chainsaw Nerd

rebocardo

The way the warranty reads, 50 hours a year, or an hour a week.

To me it means as much as possible before the warranty runs out and not so much after it does  :D.

Preston

I have to agree with Reb it all depends on how much you use it and before the warranty runs out
Preston

Tom

I think that occassional means that you have used the on/off switch.

iain

Tom

Yeah!

It's that little do-dad that makes the saw motor quit while you still have gas in it.   :D

iain

what and stop work early?                 are you MAD
whats a mc cormick-deering?

Stan

McCormick was the guy who invented the reaper. Deering was the fellow who had enough money for the factory.  :P
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

SwampDonkey

Yeah he must have been reading the warrantee labling. My Stihl thinning saw never put a time figure on occassional. But, it implies that your not using the thing any more than 4 or 5 days a month. I don't get it, since its suppose to be a professional model. Doesn't speak much for the warrantee. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sawyerfortyish

I have 20 some Stihls and can't ever remember taking one in for warranty.I say 20 some because I haven't counted recently. There all over in the skidder in the trucks in the mill.
 Occassionaly I'll shut the saw off long enough to fill her up. I wonder if thats what they mean by occassional :D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!