Blue Creeper and the Kubota mower deck

Started by Wallys World, March 26, 2016, 08:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

I found a NEW mower deck on CL for my Kubota BX22 TLB. I called on it and found that the guy had bought the tractor and removed the mower deck upon delivery of it. That was back in 2002. The deck has been sitting under cover since then. And the best part, $500! There was some rust on various parts, but the driveshaft splines wouldn't slide. I couple of squrts of Creeper and 24 hours later (I had to go to work) a few taps with the hammer and it came right apart. No surprise, remember this is Blue Creeper!

Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

thecfarm

Good deal. I use to have a BX1800. That mower deck saw some mowing and saw some repairs too. No fault of the brand. The wife would mow 2-3 hours just about every day. I fabbed up the aluminum mount on the side of the gear box. I got sick of it cracking each year. We would go through a set of blades each year. I should of really replaced them twice a year. I would keep a spare spindle on hand all the time. I kept a spare blade and a few nuts on hand too. I had to replace the nuts that held on the blade too each year, they would be rounded off on the corners.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Wallys World

I have been using a Woods RM 59 rear mount on the Kubota when needed. Our primary mower is a JD 445. The belly mount will make the whole rig shorter, the bucket on front makes it long. My wife won't mow around the house with the Kubota, just out in the field.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.