iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Mudkitchen

Started by Ianab, November 20, 2017, 12:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Lil's work wanted a "Mud Kitchen" for the revamped playground at the Kindy.

So I knocked this up with a recycled stainless sink that I found at a friends place. Locally milled Port Orford Cedar and some stainless screws to hold it all together, so it should be good for a few years out in the weather.

Now they don't want to let the kids get mud on it.  :D

Even better, I get paid for it.  8)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Hilltop366

Nice work, kids are going to have fun!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There could be a world wide market for these.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

BradMarks

Ianab:  Really nice!  Take out the sink it is a potting bench, you got a two-fer!  Is P.O. grown in New Zealand these days? or did the logs come from over here?

Ianab

A lot of Port Orford was planted as hedges/ shelter on local farms years ago. Climate in much of NZ is like PNW where PO comes from, so it seems to grow well here. Most of the trees are pretty scrappy because they were trimmed as hedges at first, and then just left. So they have multiple leaders and all sorts of weird things like that. But the good ones straightened up and grew several decent sticks, and are worth milling.

It's not really harvested or grown commercially, so you can often find the trees "Free for the taking". Most of it goes for firewood.

I like it because it's about the most durable timber I can find locally. There are some natives that might last longer, but they are pretty much protected.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!