iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tractor tire chains

Started by brandonward6, February 03, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandonward6

I have a Mahindra 4530 4x4 with fel equipped with a tajfun winch for skidding timber. I need tire chains for frozen hard ground as the ag tires just don't bite well in this ground ..what would be the best tire chains for skidding in the frozen hard and sometimes muddy ground..been looking at a set of double rings

Firewoodjoe

Diamond or ice pick some call them would be my pick. Can't beat them for all around.

47sawdust

I run a set of Trygg chains on my Kubota L3750.They are heavy and not cheap,but they get you where you want to go.I also have a Tajfun winch and it is very impressive.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

ForestFox

I have to agree with FirewoodJoe, Diamond ice chains would work good and offer the best protection for your turf tires also. They won't be cheap though.
TJ225,MF481 wLoader, JD792, MF1080, Husky 2100's,285XP,576XP,261,

lirachamo51

hi
we talked about this in a thread a few weeks ago...i think i posted info under logging w farmi winch...i love mine ...have them on front and back - forest trac tractor studded tire chain by american chain...i ordered through tirechainsrequired.com...worth every dollar (custom orders...guys very helpful...out of NH)
randy
maybe if you search my "handle" you can find the thread
just tried to add picture here but???  you can see pics in my gallery...(not into all the computer stuff)
Randy

thecfarm

@lirachamo51,the hard part is done. try this.
I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wfcjr

Quote from: 47sawdust on February 03, 2015, 07:03:26 PM
I run a set of Trygg chains on my Kubota L3750.They are heavy and not cheap,but they get you where you want to go.I also have a Tajfun winch and it is very impressive.

x2 on the Tryggs

These guys have good prices.  The name is a bit misleading, they are a US company in Maine.

http://canadianchainsusa.com/

They do make their own chains, mostly forestry & too big in some cases for tractors & ag tires.
They also carry & sell Trygg.

Thank You Sponsors!