iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GO PENNSYLVANIA

Started by smwwoody, November 09, 2002, 04:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

how many PA members do we have now?  when I first came on a few months ago I think there were  only 3 of us.  looks like 5 or 6 now
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Den Socling

Let me say that I'm still so MAD that Penn State lost to OSU that I could spit nails and wire and insulators and probably a whole Woodmizer!!!

Ron Wenrich

I can think of 4 active posters here from PA.  For a long time I was the lone east coast guy.  We also have a couple of registered PA guys who don't post much.  

Den, did you go to Penn State, or just a big supporter?  I was there during the glory days of 2 undefeated seasons, and never a #1.  President Nixon awarded Texas as the best in the nation, Penn State as best in the East.  Joe Paterno sent back the award.

Ohio State went about as expected.  Looks like Purdue took some pages from our defensive scheme.

Michigan groundskeepers should take a course at Penn State on turf management.  One of the best in the country.

I'm not sure this statistic is still valid, but 1 out of every 4 meterologists are Penn State grads.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

QuoteMichigan groundskeepers should take a course at Penn State on turf management

Excuses excuses.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dugsaws

I am from Pa, I am one of the guys that doesn't post very much.I am not much of a football fan but I would say that it is sad that PSU loses to OSU.I would always pic PSU win or lose.No college background,but Paterno what more is there to say.
 Back the posting I hope to start posting alot more after I get my kiln done mabye I will have more time.
          Doug
Doug

Den Socling

Ron,
My wife and I both went to Penn State and then stayed in State College for another 10 years. Growth of that area got crazy and we got out.
When we lived there, we hated Penn State football because of the traffic. We passed Beaver Stadium everyday. During home games, we had to adjust work, shopping, visiting friends, everything that involved travel. I like it much better from 50 miles away!
Den

ohsoloco

I live in Bellefonte, about ten miles away from Penn State.  Don't venture very far from home during those home football games due to the traffic.  Bowling and brew was out of the question last night because of the game  >:(    I don't know where everyone else gets their logs, but I've been really busy the past week and a half due to the freak snowfall when all of the leaves were still on the trees.  What a pile of red oak logs!  As soon as the part comes in for my engine I'll be making lots of sawdust  8)

Haytrader

I feel sorry for the current atheletes at Michigan. They are the ones who are being punished for somthing they had nothing to do with.
Haytrader

Dugsaws

Hey we have another member from Pa.
 Mtnjackis from western Pa, I met him at the Paul Bunyon show in October, so thers 1 more for us  ;)
Doug

johnjbc

I'm from south central Pa also. Don't post very often but enjoy the info available here.
Its good to hear some local Pa viewpoints
John
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Bro. Noble

Hey, I came from Penn too !  Well-----I went there once and I'm not there now so I must have come from Pennsylvania.

Went to Manor Hill where some of my wife's ancestors (Ewing) are buried.  Ever hear of the Ewing Trail?  Their old family home is still standing near the cemetery.  My wife recently inherited a quilt that came from the house over 100 years ago.

Saw a lot of history on that trip and some beautiful streams and forests and barns.

You guys have a nice state.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

Yes, a nice state. I was from there once when I lived in Warren, PA  on the Allegheny National Forest.

The Kinzua Dam and the Allegheny Reservoir provide some excellent water based recreation.
~Ron

Tom

It is a pretty State. I met an old, decrepit, scruffy forester type sawmiller once as I passed through there.  He was a pretty fine fellow and his name was Ron too. :-/ :-)

Ron Wenrich

And you will notice that is a Penn State T-shirt.   ;D

Manor Hill looks to be in the middle of nowhere.  I've been through parts of that area, especially around Huntingdon.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

hosslog

Hi, I'm another "lurker' from Pa. Ron when you were in Warren did You ever pass thru "beautiful downtown Sparty"?

Bro. Noble

Ron W.

We had a hard time finding Manor Hill,  we knew the general area and finally knew someone who knew where it was.  Found the cemetery just before dark.  We had to go to Huntingdon to get a motel and then back to Manor Hill the next morning.  The distande wasn so great as the crow flies but the little roads wound all over the country.  We really enjoyed it. Never saw a map with Manor Hill on it.  Now I look stuff up on topozone.com.

Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

Hoss,

Was that Spartansburg?? My second daughter graduated from Edinboro.
~Ron

hosslog

Ron ,
Yeah I was talking about Spartansburg. Not many towns that I can think of have a sawmill on Main Street.

The little lake in the middle of town was used to float the logs out of land that it covers.

GrampawGriz

Well, add one more to the list. How are yinz doin? 😁

Griz

WV Sawmiller

I drove through PA heading from WV to Rochester NY on a project years several ago and was surprised at how many dead deer I saw along the Interstate and decided they must a lot more deer in PA than we do here in WV then I realized it was probably that the economy was better in PA and they left them where they hit them while we took them home and ate them. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bert

Ahh the sunshine state.  :(
Saw you tomorrow!

lxskllr

I'm a PA sympathizer. I always enjoy my time up there, from south central, going northwest. East side... Not so much  :^P

Thank You Sponsors!