iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Real fine dry snow been falling here since noon. Only about 2 F.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I heard a discussion on the local radio talking about our unusual weather.
They were saying, in the past when it gets cold like this around here in early Jan......we can expect temps of75- 80° in late February or early March.  :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

That's what they call gobblie gook. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

red oaks lumber

or another translation == b.s. :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter Drouin

Well Red oak I guess you would need a big barn or two.We have dairy farms that have that many head. And VT there are bigger farms. They're all kinds of ways to raise cows. :)  :new_year:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

this _ _ _ _ _     the cold has got to go -20 this am house was only 65 when I got up at 4am burn as much wood last night as I did all week oil burner took a crap last night so no extra heat there >:( fixed it but hate to see it come on but its the bosses orders  ;D hope every is good with the cattle and other live stock gots to be hard on them

Chuck White

Not to many cattle around here are kept in a barn, but most do have a run-in to get out of the weather, mainly the wind!

We have dairy farms around here that have 600-800 milkers in free-stall barns!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

isawlogs

Poston, if you get those temps in feb, what do you normaly get come july when the heat is realy on ?
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on January 04, 2014, 06:35:03 PM
Poston, if you get those temps in feb, what do you normaly get come july when the heat is realy on ?

95-100° with an index of 105° and up.... with lots of humidity. Sometimes our weather skips spring all together.

isawlogs

Just thinking, must be a  :-X  to work in that weather.... what do you replace the stove with One big  :-X :-X  Fan.

:snowfight1: I like my snow more then your sun.    :snowball:    :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I can barely stand 90 F Poston. I'd be one of the first casualties from that heat. You have to be tough to live in either extreme, the cold up here or the heat down there.  If there are no moose or balsam fir down there, then it's too hot. ;D

Mooseherder

I agree with you guys and hate the heat as much as the cold.
There should be a law from sweating in January and freezing in July. ;D
I miss my Moose and Balsam Fir more than you know but I did bring a Spruce tree back with me this past August and it's still living. :)

coxy

is that the only Christmas tree in FL :D :D

Mooseherder

It does have lights on it. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on January 04, 2014, 07:33:19 PM
.... what do you replace the stove with One big  :-X :-X  Fan.

....Yep.....and a POWERBOX.

Mooseherder

thecfarm

A catcus "tree' and a fir tree side by side.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

the artic blast has hit here in southern Missouri, never have seen a rain turn to sleet so quickly, within seconds, covered the side walk, still dark, guess I water the chickens in the snow, should only be a minute or so for this to happen,  stay warm everyone,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Woke up this morning to 28°, so I guess we'll go out after breakfast and check the sap lines for needed repairs!

Looks like no wind out there too!

Hey, Happy birthday mooseherder!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

It was 1 above in the night!!!,10 above now. The Subaru with 220,000 miles started right up this morning. I won't talk about the last 2 days on the starting part.Looks like a temp of 32, and a mix of everything coming when it gets dark at 4:30.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

-2° and dropping with a wind chill of -35° and more snow.

dgdrls

Rain on the way temps in the 30's then dropping to single digits :(
Freezing rain advisory later today into the evening,
long range shows temps back in the high 30's next wekend,
the past few weeks have seen some big swings here in Central NY.

DGDrls

red oaks lumber

dairy cattle stay in the barns all winter. having a big barn for beef cattle is not practical at all. they need to stay acclimated to winter. since the week before thanksgiving out temps have gone in the cellar, we maybe have gotten to 32 deg. once in that time period, with umpteen day way below zero. my point with the cattle is the constant exposure to severe temps. is starting to take its toll and its very frustrating to watch knowing i dont really have any control other than feed more of what i'm already running short of. ;)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

I've been out splitting some wood. Seem odd to see the snow melt off from the tractor tires.  ;D 32°

Thank You Sponsors!