iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt40 hydraulics stop working

Started by widfam, December 27, 2015, 03:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widfam

Hydraulics stopped working.  when you move a lever all you here is the round silver thing mounted behind the hoses....solenoid??? clicking.  I assume it runs off of the big car battery but the engine starts up fine.  The little 12v battery tested 11.87 on the meter so it should be good also.  Any ideas
2009 Woodmizer LT40H

Magicman

The "little battery" should be your breakaway brake battery.

The solenoid contacts complete the circuit between the main 12 volt battery and the hydraulic pump.  A volt meter or test light will tell you whether 12 volts is getting to the pump motor.  If it is, then you have either a grounding problem or a pump motor problem.  This is assuming that you have solid contact on your power strip.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

widfam

well simple fix.  I had cleaned the contact strip and did not help but when I got the leaf blower out and got rid of all the sawdust I saw that the allen screws holding the pad against the contact strip were loose.  All better sorry for the false alarm :)
2009 Woodmizer LT40H

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, widfam.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!