iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What type of mushroom is it?

Started by Gordon, February 16, 2002, 03:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

Been a long winter I guess for some, no new posts on this thread for awhile. Well I took a picture of this mushroom last week. I've got no idea what type it is any ideas?
Sure is pretty.

gordon

Tillaway

I have no idea, does it have gills, teeth or look spongy under the cap? Where did you find it growing?  What is the dominate cover type?   Does it have a veil?  Yes, I know lots of questions but be careful if it has teeth it might bite. :D ;D ;)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Jeff

Gordon, if you can describe the taste it might help, and if you tasted it and can no longer describe anything that might help I.D. it too.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

I'm a mushroom expert. This is obviously Fungimushruemai ::) ::) ???  What do I win? :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Being a fun guy does not make you a fungi expert Charles. :)

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

And I always thought that was why IBM kept Charlie in a back room, in the dark and fed him all that manure.  :-/

Is this really a mushroom or a toadstool?  How do you tell the difference?  Is all of it a mycelium bloom?

CHARLIE

OK Boys! Ya want me to be serious. What a chore. ???
I think it's a Red Hot Milk Cap. It has the shape of a Turkey Tail, but the color ain't right. So it must be a Red Hot Milk Cap. ;)

http://www.ontariowildflower.com/fungi.htm#milkcap
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bud Man

Ain't a mushroom at all==It's Evander Hollyfield's left ear. :o :o
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

CHARLIE

[size=25]HEY GORDON!![/size]  [size=15]HELLO?![/size]  Was I right or not?????? :-/
Charlie

Jeff

I say your wrong. It don't look right to me.  I bet Gordon don't know either... Remember the oak leaves last year? :D :D

Hey Gordon, where ya at? where ya been? we got yer attention yet? :)

Gordon

Boy you guys are tough---boom, ka-bam. Now look at it from this point of view. ---Was that a CLASSIC way to keep a simple thead going or what?--Right hook right back at ya ;D ;D ;D

Ok for the id I'll have to go to www.bunchoffungi.com, well thats if there is such a place. But tomorrow night I'll do a hunt and see if I can locate a close match to the shroom.

Safe on this one---remember my first post and I qoute---
I've got no idea what type it is, any ideas?

Gordon

CHARLIE

Gordon, start your search with the website I posted in my CORRECT answer.  I think Jeff is just jealous that I actually figured something out......and he didn't........ ??? ??? ??? :P ;D
Charlie

Jeff

Charlie, have you decided on what yer going to get to upgrade your computer yet? I recommend a monitor big enough to actually see what you think your looking at.

;D

Gordon

Charlie you might just be right on this one not sure yet still surfin for the correct picture of the fungi. ;)

But it may be  your pic Charlie
Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!