iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack security system

Started by David-L, January 22, 2014, 07:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Logman, here is my fuel security and battery shield lock. simple but can be a deterrent. I had a fuel issue only once a few years back and it was devastating for me and the motor. After that the fuel cap and batteries get locked. the hole in the bar stock is for the lock. Also a welded shield under the battery shield so you can't get to the main power toggle. the bar stock fits nicely into the fwd-rev lever.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thecfarm

Not a bad idea. Before living here I built a shed for the tractor that was locked. But I still had a lock on the hood and the dipstick too. Just in case.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

Thanks David, mine is a little different then your I don't think that would work on mine.
Precision Firewood & Logging

PAFaller

I do something similar. I have tabs welded on my battery door to run a lock through. If you really knew a TJ you could probably still find a stick and wiggle in to turn the master switch back on but you'd have your work cut out for you. My next time to the welding shop Im going to have them build a fuel tank cover. Best one I have seen is actually welded on to that side door, with a lock inside the cab. Thats my plan anyhow.
It ain't easy...

Thank You Sponsors!