iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pretty good video

Started by ~smokey~, September 29, 2018, 05:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~smokey~

The thumbnail is click bate but still some really good stuff in the bush.

https://youtu.be/qMs4aYmeSVo

Skip

WOW  :o :o Them boys might be hard on equipment but they sure aint askeered !

mike_belben

At 4:35 the pto shaft reverses direction with the tractor, obviously it powers the trailer drive axles.  Do we have any machines in the US with that sort of pto?
Praise The Lord

Maine logger88

I wonder why they use so many farm tractors with forwarding trailers? Seems a purpose built machine would be better unless farming is there primary use and logging is secondary 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

mike_belben

In rural poland/ukraine etc you typically farmed or starved.  Maybe theyre just a tractor based culture and log in the offseason.
Praise The Lord

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

woodmaker

Great video,but I sure would hate to have to work on one of those after they got done wallowing around in the mud
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

g_man

Now I know how much I baby my tractor and woods roads. I feel like a whimp !

gg

GAB

Quote from: mike_belben on September 29, 2018, 09:58:55 PM
At 4:35 the pto shaft reverses direction with the tractor, obviously it powers the trailer drive axles.  Do we have any machines in the US with that sort of pto?
The MF 65 that my dad purchased in 1962 had a ground PTO.  It was great for unplugging the hay conditioner.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Grizzly

Quote from: mike_belben on September 29, 2018, 09:58:55 PM
At 4:35 the pto shaft reverses direction with the tractor, obviously it powers the trailer drive axles.  Do we have any machines in the US with that sort of pto?
Dad's old 35 Massey and his 1120 JD both had ground drive pto speed. We never used it but did find some older implements like manure spreaders that were geared to work with ground drive. Both of those tractors would have been built in Europe. I'm not aware of any current agricultural tractors with a ground drive pto anymore. And in ground drive they reversed with the tractor.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Wudman

Need to introduce those guys to Bobby Goodson.  He can help them out running in the mud.  I hate MUD.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Thank You Sponsors!