iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Educational videos on grading and sawing???

Started by True North, February 16, 2009, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True North

In the paperwork for the Timber Harvester mill we just bought, there was an order form for a video series through Timber Harvester.  Does anyone know if they are still available somewhere, or if any other good videos are out there?

Dan_Shade

woodmizer has a very good video series available, and one of them covers grade sawing.

hardwood lumber grading is pretty easy in theory after you figure it out (as most things are), but to do it quickly takes a bit of experience.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

york

Hi again,

To your left "CMS"

look for frank v     he would know.

Bert
Albert

Brad_S.

This is the company that made and marketed the videos for TH. It appears they still offer them.
http://www.dupreyvideo.com/SIVideos.html
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

True North

Meadows Miller

Gday

Tn I shoula made a Vid on What Not To DO  ;) :D :D :D ;) I think we all know what that vidieo would entail and i dont wann go through those experiances AGAIN  ONCE Was Enough ;) :D :D :D :D ;D ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

MaddiesDad

In my office I have a DVD I think on something like this.  I'll check tommorrow.

sparky

I was mentor to quite a number of new engineers over the years. I told each of them that they would not live long enough to make every possible mistake in order to learn by trial and error. The best thing they should do is learn from the mistakes of others and avoid them. The Forestry Forum holds a wealth of knowlege that serves that pupose extremely well.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Thank You Sponsors!