iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild blackberry recipes?

Started by scgargoyle, May 28, 2014, 06:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

Looks like we're going to have a bumper crop of wild blackberries this year. Last year, I picked and ate a bowl of them every day, and this year looks a lot better. Any good recipe ideas for them? They're rather tart, but a little sugar brings out a great flavor. I'm thinking of a pie or cobbler.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

yukon cornelius

homemade ice cream with blackberries!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

Dodgy Loner

Blackberry cobbler is always good. We made blackberry syrup and jelly a couple years ago and it was amazing! The syrup is all gone, but I think we still have some of the jelly. We always like to wash and freeze some of the berries for adding to smoothies or just eating frozen (my 2-year-old daughter loves frozen fruit).

I don't eat salad, but my wife likes to add fresh blackberries to her salads (blueberries, too!). I prefer them in my cereal or oatmeal.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

scgargoyle

.....still waiting on the berries to ripen. Meanwhile, a good friend gifted me a gallon of tart cherries for pie!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Yoopersaw

Blackberry and Cream cheese pie. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Yoopersaw on June 07, 2014, 05:21:05 PM
Blackberry and Cream cheese pie. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

You gots my attention now!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mburrow

wife made what she called a dump cake using blackberry's

Thank You Sponsors!