iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Standing in the need of Prayer

Started by Bro. Noble, October 19, 2004, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks for passing this on to Jeff, Furby.
Prayers in the works and I hope you're doing fine also.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

DanG

Forumites, I'm asking for prayers for the little town of Eastpoint, Florida, a small and humble fishing village on the Gulf coast about 50 miles south of me. On Sunday evening a wildfire broke out on the edge of town. Within an hour or two it had destroyed 36 homes and damaged a number of others.  It moved so quickly that folks had to literally run for their lives with no warning, most with only the clothes on their backs. It not only consumed their homes, but in many cases the boats that they made their living with, their vehicles, and even some of their pets. Many didn't even have time to grab their wallet or shoes. These folks had already been devastated by the decline of the oyster industry in that area, which was their primary income.
Pictures, stories and donation opportunities can be found at WCTV.TV.  At a minimum, prayers are certainly in order.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Wudman

Guys,

My family could use your prayers.  My Dad stopped by yesterday with some bad news.  He had prostate and kidney cancer about 10 years ago (the two were unrelated).  They also found a spot on his pancreas at the time.  They removed the prostate and the kidney.  The spot on the pancreas was benign, but they have been watching it since.  Dad has been doing well.  His most recent CT scan showed a tumor on his remaining kidney.  He goes back to the urologist on Wednesday to chart a path forward. 

Mom was recently diagnosed with "mild cognitive impairment".... most likely the beginning stages of Alzheimer's.

My father in law was recently diagnosed with a blood cancer.  He is to the age that they are not doing anything invasive about that.  He had pneumonia last week and was ready to be put out to pasture, but he was out cutting his grass yesterday.  He bought himself a new riding lawn mower as he wasn't satisfied with the guys that he hired to cut it for him.  That will keep him moving.

Anyway, it sure is tough watching your parents age.  Thanks.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Magicman

My Prayer is for healing grace for your parents and for strength and understanding for you.  Yes it is a tough period of life for all of you, each in it's own way.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Prayers to all, always at a loss for words when things like this hit.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

bwstout

home built mill

fishpharmer

My prayers go out to all on here.  
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

Hoping for the best possible outcomes for those afflicted, with some positive vibes your way.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 19, 2018, 10:58:38 AM
I'm in the same boat, there are never words adequate.
I've taken a friend to the VA recently. Waiting and watching, inadequate to what I'm seeing all around me.

There is a story from the 1500's that I'm reminded of. There had been a fierce storm in the gulf and some time later the debris and Spanish survivors started washing up. The Native Americans came down to the beach and did what they could. Without a common language, and I still don't think we really have that language, for many all they could do was sit with them on the beach and cry. Maybe that is the language. My prayers and tears are with you.

Ron Scott

Prayers sent to all in need with hope for better days ahead.
~Ron

PA_Walnut

Quote from: Don P on July 20, 2018, 06:49:17 PMfor many all they could do was sit with them on the beach and cry. Maybe that is the language. My prayers and tears are with you.

Brilliant! Indeed crying together is the universal language of all humans, regardless of color, creed, or religion! smiley_cry
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

SawyerTed

Quote from: Wudman on July 19, 2018, 09:25:01 AM
Anyway, it sure is tough watching your parents age.  Thanks.

Wudman
God and His Grace be with you and your family!  Emily and I have very similar circumstances with our parents.  I understand how hard it is to see them age and to see the aging compounded by cancer, illness or dementia.  
A guy doesn't have to go looking for heroes, they raised us!
Ted
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Wudman

Quote from: SawyerTed on July 24, 2018, 05:39:51 PM

A guy doesn't have to go looking for heroes, they raised us!
Ted
Amen to that!!  Thanks guys for the blessings.  I appreciate it.
Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

SawyerTed

Well I've spent just a portion of the day with my wife and mother in law. My wife looks after her mother on her days off and weekends.  My BIL looks after her on weekdays.  Today I've seen how my MIL has declined in a very short time.   Alzheimer's and Dementia are horrible conditions that hollow a person out from the inside.  My wife is a rock and steady as can be, but I see the toll it's taking on her.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

samandothers

Prayers for yall's strength. Those diseases are hard on the family and their loved one.  It is like slowly losing them.  

dean herring

Same here just put my mother in law in assisted living yesterday 
She has dementia and doesn't understand why she can't stay at home
Very sad and my wife, her twin sister and their brother are have a hard time with it 
Prayers appreciated 
My mom is 89 and still lives at home but don't how much longer that will work
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

SawyerTed

Dean, you have my prayers!  I do understand 

glenn molenaar

Please forgive I have been a Forestry Forum member for many years I have not been active for sometime the past couple if years have been rough health problems. Last Oct I really got feeling low but avoided the Dr. well it caught me the end of Mar 2018 I was taken to ER kidneys had stopped working, blader was bleeding. I will spare you all things wrong, my wife and I beleave in Gods healing power it works, I'm to old for surgery any way I'm feeling much better I'm on a hormon injection two so far next is Dec.6. The prayers are working I still need prayer April I was diagnosed with prostrat cancer. The daily pressure of life seems to affect my thinking I live in S/W Missouri so I'm seeking advice  we have some hedge trees on land that needed removed if you know hedge it is great for fence/corner posts. If anyone is close to us no charge for them but we would want a wavier and brush stacked.
Thank You
Glenn Molenaar

Chuck White

Quote from: Don P on July 20, 2018, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 19, 2018, 10:58:38 AM
I'm in the same boat, there are never words adequate.
I've taken a friend to the VA recently. Waiting and watching, inadequate to what I'm seeing all around me.

There is a story from the 1500's that I'm reminded of. There had been a fierce storm in the gulf and some time later the debris and Spanish survivors started washing up. The Native Americans came down to the beach and did what they could. Without a common language, and I still don't think we really have that language, for many all they could do was sit with them on the beach and cry. Maybe that is the language. My prayers and tears are with you.
Tears are a language!
I found this on you tube a while back!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAMgV-iS-xA&playnext=1&list=PL8E4F28413C324875&feature=results_main
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DelawhereJoe

I've got another request for you guys, just found out yesterday from the doctors that my Moms cancer has caused her liver to go into total failure and the doctor has said that she only has a few day to a few weeks left here with us....is I/we could really use some prayers.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Magicman

Done Joe.  Stay strong my friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

So sorry to hear this.  Sending thoughts for you and your family. 
Say when

curdog

Sending prayers up for you Joe..

Thank You Sponsors!