iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Added to my empire

Started by ga jones, November 30, 2017, 04:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

Let me know if the pictures are upside down
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Ljohnsaw

No, just rotated to the right!

Nice toys!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

coxy

good luck with it  8)      my buddy has the newer style   and its to fast in 2nd gear and the hydraulics  aren't  fast enough to keep up with it so you get the wash board effect  and 1st gear is like a turtle slow slow slow 

lopet

Nice, are you keeping your cable skidder ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

PartTimeJack

You got some steep hills round your parts. ;D
Just a Farmer learnin to be a Jack.

ga jones

Yes I'm keeping cable. I still feel it is faster. I can only get 2 big trees in the grapple. I can get 4 in the tray on the cable.its awesome for clear cuts though.

mike_belben

I have a d31P. 

I highly advise that you pull the battery tray and look at the the two little levers with cam followers pushing against hydraulic spools.  Theyre at the very back on top and centered.  When you push a foot pedal the linkage rocks the rollertip into the spool which uncouples the drive first, push further and you engage the brake band. 

These rollers and pins wear out and get way sloppy or flat spotted.  Sometimes the follower is tight or other times very loose based on how the parts are rotated.  You end up stabbing the pedal and the machine drives through the brakes because the slop prevents the hydraulic spool from being pushed in far enough to disengage power.  If the engine lugs with a turn or takes hard foot pressure to uncouple a track, thats your issue.  Replacing these simple pins and steel rollers will solve it.  Beware everything is metric .. But its easy to ream up to the next SAE size and just use american hardware.  The parts can be a pain to find oem.

Otherwise its been pretty good to me. 

Another tip, theres a trans screener down low under your left heel, and a fuel screener in one of the banjo bolts.  Itll clog and kill power if you run the tank empty.

Praise The Lord

ga jones

Thanks for tips on the screens. We already went through the issues with the pins and pedal linkage. It was all siezed when I got it.👍

mike_belben

Did you have to pull the top covers to change that stuff out?  If so, did you notice were there bushings or parent metal where the shafts passed through the cover?  Mine are all slop and i havent sourced the parts or got my shop relocated/set up to make replacements.
Praise The Lord

ga jones

Mine was seized from sitting. Lubrication and working them got everything back in check.

Thank You Sponsors!