iDRY Vacuum Kilns

tab button

Started by ohsoloco, March 26, 2009, 06:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

This is just started happening in the past few weeks.  No biggie, but it still bugs me.  Normally after typing in my username when logging on I just hit the tab button and it jumps me right to the password box (it still works like this on other sites).  Lately when I hit the tab button after typing in my username it jumps me up to the address bar instead of the password box.  Any logical explanation  ???

Jeff

Its not the forum. Nothing could have changed on this end in regards to that.

Are you using a work computer or something?  Why log out in the first place?

If you are using a home computer that you have no worries about someone messingwith your login, just stay logged on all the time.

I think people have misconceptions at times about being logged on and off.  I know there are those that think their name stays on the online list if they dont log off. No, it does not work that way. 15 minutes after you last do something on the forum, you are gone.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ohsoloco

Yep, this is a work computer, which is why I log off.  Funny thing....just now I logged on, and as my usual reflex I hit the tab button after typing in my username.  Guess what?  went down to the password box  ::)  Didn't change anything, but it's "normal" again.

Mike_Barcaskey

being a PSU grad, I didn't think there was anything "normal" in Bellefonte  :D
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

iffy

weird! mine was doing the same thing for a couple of days. Did it this morning when I logged on. I logged off for awhile and just now when I got in the tab worked. Gremlins.

Jeff

Its a browser thing. The forum hasn't changed in a way that could effect the tab order.

pineywoods

If you are running firefox, could be there. Mozilla just came out with version 2.020 and it does have some funnies, maybe with some versions of java.  I went back to 2.08, it still works fine.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

Actually, Firefox is now at Version  3.0.7  ;)

pineywoods

Quote from: Jeff on March 27, 2009, 11:38:46 AM
Actually, Firefox is now at Version  3.0.7  ;)

Yeah, but version 3 don't like my old outdated hardware and operating systems... :-[
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

SwampDonkey

It can depend on the web page and scripting if Tabbing doesn't begin in the upper left of the page. So it depends on which control (field, check box, button) has "focus" when you first open the page, then after you hit tab a script determines the next control to Tab to with a Tab index.  By default, the tab order for controls is the order in which they appear in the page, beginning at the top left of the page and continuing to the bottom right of the page. Since Jeff hasn't changed anything then it could be an extension in Firefox changing your tabbing order. In a database like Access each new control is indexed as you add them to a form, so the Tabbing sequence is the order you create each new control. You can edit the Tab index after.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ohsoloco

Did it again today  :-\   Speaking of logging off on a work computer, here's a question.  In order to use a computer at work you need to log on.  So if I stay logged onto the FF, would I still be logged on if someone else logged onto the computer on their own account?

Mike, I resemble that remark  :D

Warbird

Only if they logged into your Windows account.

beenthere

Might it be a sticky Tab button on the keyboard?

My mouse has been doing a double click on the left mouse button..and I have the double click rate as slow as I can set it.

Acts like it sticks and sends a double click about half the time.

Have had keyboard buttons stick...one was an Enter button. Would get pages of things scrolling along.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

iffy

Mine did it again this morning. Am running IE6. Not a sticky tab button, as this is the only site it happens on. No big deal.

ohsoloco

Mine just did it again, so I played with it for a sec.  Did the username and went to the address bar after hitting the tab.  Kept hitting it and jumped around up top, then jumped along all the sponsor links.  When it got to the username the next jump was the password, so it doesn't make sense to me.  Like iffy said, no big deal....that editing tab indexes is beyond me.

Jeff

You might simply need your mouse calibrated. I put a tutorial on how to do it awhile back.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,29068.0.html

iffy

If it was mouse calibration it would do it on other sites too. I am on quite a few websites daily and this is the only place it happens. Don't worry about it. I just need to remember to use the mouse, not the tab when I log in.

ohsoloco

Sorry Jeff, I knew what you were getting at as soon as you mentioned it.  I fell for it the first time  :-\  :D

iffy

very funny!  :D :D I replied without going to the link, so I deserved that. Kinda like when I tell users on our network that their problem sounds like an I  D  ten  T. Problem.

Actually I found that if I tab all the way thru the page, it starts first at the address bar, then makes its way around the page, down thru all the sponsor links, finally back to the username and then it gets to password.