iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guide Swap for woodland mills hm 126

Started by BrentRobinson, February 08, 2015, 09:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrentRobinson

So this morning we are sawing nice ( decent for us) boards and thinking we've more or less got this figured out. Took a break to go an talk to the high out put woodmizer sawyer set up next to us and it is a good reminder there is always more to learn.

Comparing the two guide systems: Woodmizer top roller, bottom stationary and adjustment every which way, Woodland guide blocks and a roller bearing behind adjustment up/down and front back. So as we were talking ( read learning) we came to how to measure and tune the twist of the blade on the horizontal and how to adjust the guides to correct it. All new territory for us as there is no way to adjust that on the WM.

Has anyone done a retrofit to something more like a woodmizer guide for stationary blocks? It would seem like there is lots to gain in the way of downward blade pressure and correcting the twist so the blade isn't fighting through the cut. It does't seem too tough to do but isn't it always easier to talk to someone who has been there before?!
If you don't make time to do it right you'll have to make time to do it again.

Ugly Tree

Several members on here have done retrofits to a downward pressure guide.  I think Cooks sells a retrofit kit that is adjustable throat and downward pressure.
Woodland HM126, Massey Ferguson 3165, 440 and 210 Stihl, a lot of grunt bars.

goose63

Not sure how that would work but happy birthday @Ugly tree
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

Ability to make any blade adjustment necessary is a good thing, not really familiar with the Woodland Mills, but if you can retrofit, there should be benefits from it.

-----------------

Happy Birthday Ugly Tree.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ladylake

One of the best upgrades you can do .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

fishfighter

So far on my 126, the only time I had saw blade twist is when my blade gets dull. For those that did a upgrade, please post a picture.

Thank You Sponsors!