iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Do you believe?

Started by firecord, January 09, 2014, 11:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firecord

Mathew 14:26 says "when they saw him they were terrified , its a ghost (spirit) they cried out.".       So my question this week is.   Who believes in , has or thinks they have seen a ghost?  Me , myself do not believe in ghost. The wife claims we have one in our spare bed rm and that as a non believer i cant see her.   Ok lets hear them stories.

LeeB

Last time I talked about a ghost sighting on here got me labelled as a drunkard. I still know what I have seen and drinking had nothing to do with it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

firecord

mesquite buckeye

There is one in my parent's house. We think it is a kid.

Dad used to say some days he would be in one of the upstairs attics and the hair would stand up on the back of his neck.

The kitchen cabinet doors would randomly open and slam shut.

I used to get that creepy feeling upstairs too.

One time I was getting ready to leave for the season and the lights suddenly just went out in just one bedroom. I flipped the light switch a few times with no effect. I got mad and yelled, "Knock it off, I have to get packed". Lights instantly pop on. :o

After that he seemed to be quieter, at least around me.

Go figure. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thurlow

Don't believe in 'em, but some things I can't explain:  my dad died in Aug '96;  he was a harsh, essentially humorless man and we weren't particularly close.  He was a retired farmer/cattleman and it wasn't unusual for him to ride by where I was working, often without stopping.  His last truck was a dark grey, '89 3/4 ton Dodge w/cummins.  After he died, my mother left it sitting in the shed where he'd always parked it for about a year, before selling it.  In Oct of the year he died, I was cutting soybeans about dusky-dark.  (Anyone that's run a combine knows that you can see better without lights until it gets fully dark)  The field I was in was about 300 yds long and had a gentle slope on the 'far' end.  I turned around up there and as I let the  header down and started back, I glanced down to where my truck was parked.  My dad's truck pulled into the field, stopped at my truck for a few seconds, made a circle and left.  He'd done it many times before and I didn't think a thing about it, 'til I got down to the end of the field.........when it hit me;  couldn't have been him!  I ran until the dew fell and quit;  the field road ran by my parents house, so on my way home, I stopped to check on my mother, which I often did.  Didn't tell her why, but asked if she....or anyone....had driven my dad's truck..........Nope.  When I left, I walked by and put my hand on the hood........it was cold and obviously hadn't been driven.  I thought, well, it could've been someone else.  Next morning when I went to the field, I looked closely for tracks where the truck had turned around......Nothing there.  It wasn't a ghost, but I still can't explain it;  I assume my mind was just playing tricks on me.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ely

yes I do believe, I don't have any good stories or tall tales but I do believe.

beenthere

I don't. 
I've no reason whatsoever to believe in ghosts.
But have no quarrel with anyone who does.
Heard many great stories of happenings from my hunting partner of 35 years who did believe. I just enjoyed his stories and he never drank more'n water.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dgdrls

My wife's side of the family is "tuned" to the spirit world.
My B.I.L claims to have seen spirit people.
My F.I.L. spoke of seeing his M.I.L. and a re-occurring spirit
of an older gentlemen smoking a pipe at his manufacturing shop.

No reason to doubt either of them.

DGDrls

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I do not believe or disbelieve in ghost. Some things I don't worry about but do enjoy talking about.
I think for the ones that go to Heaven and find out things we wondered about while on earth......
we will be really surprised at some of the things that went on that we could not see.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DDDfarmer

When I was 5 my uncle passed away.  Month or so later woke up late one night and there was a " figure" standing in the doorway to my room. Thinking back, my uncle can be the only explanation and I can still remember that night.

Wife on the other hand....... she's a funeral director.  One funeral home she worked in was an older building that had seen a lot of clients over the years.  Lights would turn off and on, doors would close, thermostats would change.  Her and the other worker had seen a man sitting in the old large easy chair in the waiting room different times, glance back and he's gone.  I think they called him George lol.  They never felt threatened or scared, just annoyed at times as they felt he was always picking on them.  Past-current workers have all seen-felt the person.  Funeral home she works in now she says it has its times when she knows she is not alone.  Says that she talks to them and all it well..  ::)
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Chuck White

I was sitting alone in the living room one day about 20 or so years ago and across the room sat my dads platform rocker, and all of the sudden it started slowly rocking back and forth.  My dad passed away 27 years ago.

No windows or doors were open, no fans of furnace blowers, nothing!

I believed it to be my dads spirit and not a threat so I started up a 1-sided conversation, saying first that he was welcome here anytime and that I loved him! 

The rocker stopped for about a minute, then started going again and after around 10 minutes it stopped.

Done this a couple of times since then!

So, in answer to the OP question, YES I do believe!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

martyinmi

I do not believe in ghosts, apparitions, goblins,etc. no_no
There isn't one shred of reliable evidence that proves they exist. :P
Kinda like bigfoot or the loch ness monster. smiley_bouncing
I do believe in demon possessions. I believe there are many evil, Satanic forces that are able to make good men and women to bizarre and horrible acts.
I'm convinced, however, that folks who've seen ghosts really are convinced that they've seen them!
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

sandhills

Can't say I'm a believer or a non believer, but I have seen things I can't explain.  Not sure about "ghosts" but I will say I think there are spirits or guardian angels around, after a lot of the stupid stuff I've pulled and lived through I have to believe someone's watching over me  :).  My mother and father inlaw are living in a big old house they've been renovating and the last 2 owners and their families swear there is an indian carrying a tomahawk in one bedroom and a young lady in a maid's outfit in another, though my inlaws have never seen them they have had many mysterious things happen there.  I do remember also my grandparents talking about different houses they lived in (would have been back in the 1930's-40's) and the strange things that happened while they were there.

Ljohnsaw

One of my sisters would know stuff like when the phone was about to ring, pretty weird stuff.  Now I get "feelings" that I attribute to my late wife.  We used to hit the thrift stores a lot for the fun of the hunt.  Every now and then, I'll get a feeling that I should visit a particular store (about a dozen near me) - but not sure for what.  Nine times out of 10, I'll wander around and I find a killer deal on something that I can really use.  I kind of think she still likes the hunt.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

firecord

Yeh I also believe in possessions but only in a person without faith. I believe in gardian angles (not seen) But  I have never read or been taught there is any real reason to believe in ghost. 

Wick

I guess I would be in the believe category, as I have seen some stuff, but would rather ignore it and hope it was something else. It freaks me out a little.
My Aunt from Maryland definitely has the gift. Has since I was a child. Used to terrify her to death, she has seen some wicked scary stuff, now she embraces it. She came to visit after we moved into our new house a few years ago. Normal family stuff with picture taking and all. I noticed every picture she was in, there were these things floating around her.....like little round balls. I questioned it and she calmy said, "Oh those are just my ORBS."  :o  I told her to make sure they went with her and now if we get together it takes place somewhere else. I wouldn't want one to get lost in my place  :D
Now on the possession thing, I believe it was happening to me one night. I had a really old house and lived pretty much alone at this time, during my young to mid twenties. It was a week night, home alone, had to work the next day. Off to sleep as normal about 10 or so. Few hrs later wake up on my back....paralyzed, could barely breathe, it was pitch dark and I swear I saw a black evil looking face in front of mine with eyes. I struggled to move, couldn't, tried to talk...nothing. This went on for what seemed like a little while but probably only a couple minutes. I was using what seemed like all my muscles and nothing would move. Finally I was slowly and weakly able to move my mouth and rasp out " I SURROUND MYSELF WITH THE LIGHT OF JESUS CHRIST"  Whoosh! It was over. Got up, left, and was ringing my parents door bell. Did not go back for several days.
My step dad teased me about it and said I just had sleep apnea or something. WHATEVER!! I don't know and don't want to. Has never happened again.
It's funny how different people react to stories like this. But the people that really, really know you, they believe. Oh well, it is what it is!!! I hope it was sleep apnea.........or something.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Sixacresand

When i was a kid, I was helping my Granddad rake leaves at a cemetery.  When we finished, it was almost dark.  We saw two white figured moving near the fence that I knew it had to be ghosts.  We left in hurry.  My granddad went back the next day to pick up the tools we had left and saw two gray mules standing at the fence.  Mystery solved.  But Fifty years later when I mow the grass there I try to be gone before dark.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

mmartone

We have/had the ghost of a little girl at our house, wife, kids, friends have seen her but not in a while. Dressed in an early turn of the century dress, even I have seen her a few times, kinda weird.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

drobertson

Kinda?                    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I may not believe in actual ghosts, but I did have two "experiences" in Dec, 1993.  The first one made me wonder and ask why.  Mystified.  Less than an hour later while driving it happened again.  No question that the second experience made me pause and prevented me from having a head on collision with a very fast moving vehicle.  I then knew why the first occurrence happened.  To prepare me for the second.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Quote from: Magicman on January 11, 2014, 04:44:44 PM
I may not believe in actual ghosts, but I did have two "experiences" in Dec, 1993.  The first one made me wonder and ask why.  Mystified.  Less than an hour later while driving it happened again.  No question that the second experience made me pause and prevented me from having a head on collision with a very fast moving vehicle.  I then knew why the first occurrence happened.  To prepare me for the second.
Good things happen to good people.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

maple flats

While I have doubts, one of my daughters had a friend who swore their house was "haunted". The home had changed hands several times and presumably each time it sold "ghosts" weren't mentioned. But each new owner soon have "special experiences" in the house. Since that time the house in question had been up for sale numerous times. (like 8-10 times in about 30 yrs, and it is in a rather nice neighborhood on Main Street).
Ghosts? I don't know.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!