iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Market Slowdown

Started by Ed_K, December 08, 2006, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Well as far as I'm concerned, if I can't use wood, then come try and stop me and try and take out my wood furnace.  >:(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Cedarman

The nice thing about the sawdust stove WM is testing is that there is no smoke, even with green sawdust except for a few seconds when it first kicks on.  There are ways to burn wood on a small scale that does not emit smoke.

Also you have to make $3.28 at your job to clear $2.30 to buy a gallon of gas after taxes are taken from your check.

In this country you can not...
buy what you want  No sunday sales of beer in In.
do any number of things without a license  ie  electrician, plumber, doctor, teacher
build what you want where you want because of zoning
print money
driving is a priviledge, not a right.  priviledge conferred by the state
take a signal beamed to your house and do anything you want with it without pay for the priviledge
if in business, you must tell the government what you make and how much of it. I have to by law tell how many feet of softwood I saw each year and how much I have on hand on Dec 31.
they want livestock owners to have ID tags in all pigs, cattle, horses, sheep etc to keep tabs on where they move.  Are we next?  (It won't hurt, its small and its for your own protection, I can hear them now.)
you can't be offensive to anyone.  no religious activities or displays (Christian) on public property.
government can force you to sell your property and then later resell it to someone else at a huge profit because it will generate more revenue. (We might have this one corraled)
Ane there are probably a lot of others that I haven't thought of.

As bad as things are here, it is worse in other countries.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

slowzuki

Sort of fits with the start of this thread, the local power company is hogging driftwood to ship to power plants in the US.  How can this possibly make money?  I can't imagine.  They are tearing the heck outta the shore line with a grapple skidder getting the stuff too.  I got to see some 2 ft deep ruts leading from a road right into the water on the weekend, but they won't let us cut the alders on the bank for erosion concerns.

SwampDonkey

They did that also up Tobique along the shores of Trousers and Long Lakes. This was 15 years ago. They were scolded for not harvesting the timber before they flooded the land with dams back in the 50's.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!