iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White Opossum

Started by garyfg, January 19, 2019, 03:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyfg

Caught this Thursday night by chicken pen. I let him go. Hope he doesn't come back.

lxskllr

He's fairly cute as far possum go  :^D

A month or so ago I heard a noise in my garage. Tried to ignore it, but it got my attention. Pick up my axe, throw open the door, and... There was a little possum rummaging around some plastic I had out there; mostly MRE accessory packets. Look at him a couple seconds, he looks at me, and I think "I really don't feel like dealing with this right now", and I close the door, and think happy thoughts, assuming he'll find his own way out. Seemed to work well for both of us  :^)

Banjo picker

I use to give the Possums a hard way to go, untill I found out that they were tick eating machines.  I guess everything has a reason for being here.  I just wonder what the purpose of the tick and mosquito is?  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Brad_bb

Remember if you have horses, Opossums are bad news.  They commonly carry and transmit EPM to horses.  Raccoons can also be a carrier.
"And one common neurological disease affecting American horses is equineprotozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM). Horses may develop EPM after ingesting feed or water contaminated with Sarcocystis neurona, a one-celled organism called a protozoan, that is spread by opossums and carried by other animals."

If caught very early, EPM can be treated.  If not it can kill the horse.  You really have to be trained in the symptoms to recognize EPM, and very observant to catch it early.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

GAB

Quote from: Banjo picker on January 19, 2019, 05:03:28 PM
I just wonder what the purpose of the tick and mosquito is?  Banjo
To aggravate me and you.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

LAZERDAN

I too used to dislike the ol possum (No Not George Jones) But when i found they ate ticks aye boy.  Kinda like when your arch rival is on another sports team, then gets traded to your team, then  he Ain't  So Bad.   Plus we don't have any horse   Just say'n   Lazerdan    

Thank You Sponsors!