iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hood 7000.

Started by BargeMonkey, November 23, 2015, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

I figured I would ask, since everyone on here is from different areas. Anyone know where a pedestal or a complete spare loader lays for parts?  Mines an 1989 hood 7000, let's just say she decided to end her life today when the pedestal ripped in half, hoping to find a replacement instead of a different loader.

North River Energy

Maybe Davco in Farmington, Me?

snowstorm

HiTech

Perhaps Denslow in Boonville, N.Y.

BargeMonkey

Thanks guys, my pedestal had been bad for a while and yesterday she decided the snap in half, trying to track down parts right now. Really don't want to spend 15-20k on a used picker right now.  >:(

ga jones

Kleis equipment has one cheap
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

starmac

ga Jones beat me to it.
Kleis Equipment
Constantantia NY
315 779 4636
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Oliver05262

Did you try NY Truck in Queensbury? They used to sell Hood, and I got parts from them for a 7000 last year. They outta be able to give you some suggestions, anyway.
  I hope nobody took a ride when the pedestal broke. I read a safety notice somewhere about an operator getting killed when the bearing separated from the pedestal on a loader and completely tore off the truck.............
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

BargeMonkey

My dad bought this loader from Loggers Equipment in Queensbury in 1991, it's an 89.  :D :D :D. Well after a box of carbon arc rods and quite a bit of 7018 I've got it patched back together 90%, the guy will finish after the holiday. I talked to NY truck today, they had a 2010 hood for 18,500, I just haven't squeezed every once of life out of this loader yet. I'm preparing to go 7 digits deep on my store come spring, trying to not spend a nickel I don't have to. Headed back to the boat in a few hours so stuff will get a rest for a few weeks now. 

I know sitting in a bucket isn't the safest but sometimes things need to get done.

Thank You Sponsors!