iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Horse logging

Started by Wes, November 21, 2003, 07:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Today it was about 60 out and clear here in NJ and I had the privilage of demonstrating my WM and Alaskin mills to local Foresters,Tree Farmers & landowners as part of a Low Impact Horse Logging Workshop put on by the NJ Forest Service,NJ div.Society of American Foresters,NJ Forestry Assn. & Rutgers Cooperative Extention.There were two teams from two seperate companys there, Harry Bohlman of Bucks Co. PA and Don Warmbold of NJ.They were promoting alternatives to mechanised logging for small woodlots and sensitive areas.It was just a fun day talking to these people and watching the difference in types of horses and tchniques. There were about forty in attendance.
I had such a good day ,I thought I would share it with you folks.
Wes.

Steve_M

Wes,

Sounds like a great day and a good turnout, wish I could have been there.  It is good to see small woodlot owners and the profesionals get together and share ideas and information---everybody wins. 8) 8)

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

woodbeard

Sounds like you brought more horses than everyone else. ;D

Wes

Got a team of 36 run'in the mill.

woodmills1

most people don't understand just how nice it is up there in the part of New jersey you are in, horses or not! :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Wes

Woodmills 1
Yeah it sure is a nice place,
How did you like living in the woods for a year?

woodmills1

The time I spent in W Va. living with no electricity or running water was what I like to call pure.  Also did a lot for my self confidence and it sure made me a much more patient person. I don't recall another time in my life where a simple thing like a soda or candy bar would bring such pleasure.  
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Wes

Yeah I had a similar experiance, 6 mo. in the Iraqi desert. :-/

Stan

That was the nice thing about the Navy, the geedunk was never mor'n a hundred yards away.  8)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Thank You Sponsors!