iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tonights dinner

Started by fishfighter, January 22, 2016, 12:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Was working on the camp yesterday and one of my dogs started barking his butt off. Walked over to him thinking he had a rabbit. Told him to get it and all hell broke loose.

Well, pictures speak a 1,000 words. ;D

One little piggy pot roast. ;D

Coffee_Creek

That would be great to throw on the smoker  8)

beenthere

Good for your dog. Sic him on another one now.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

Every chance I get. ;D

This piggy will go into a black pot with a bunch of veggies.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Oh wow, that will be some choice yum.   digin_2
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Sure was. Tender tender to the point of fallowing off the bones. ;D Have a little bit left for lunch today along with some duck gumbo. ;D

Magicman

You just ain't right.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

lucky you  wish they would get started here in NY we don't have anything else to shot and eat for dinner    no rabbits, grouse ,deer most if not all of our small game is gone     to many predators  and not enough pray

Magicman

You don't want hogs.   :-\

WV Sawmiller

Fishfighter,

I'm impressed with your dog. Wonder where the old sow was? Usually I'd think she would be tearing into anything after her pig.

Wish you could loan a dog or two to Mom down in NW Fla. The hogs have about taken over her place in the last year or so. Cousin caught a couple, neighbor had 2 in his trap there but they got out about 15 minutes before he got to them. They've shot several and car killed one on the highway a few weeks ago but hardly made a dent in them so far.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on January 23, 2016, 01:16:05 PM

you dont want turkeys either at least in the numbers we have them.  we have 2 flocks on our property 1 is about 60-70 birds and the other is over 100 food plots dont have chance and you cant find a quail anywhere :-\  its partly our fault though we were hard on bobcats years back when turkeys were trying to get started now i guess just not enough predators left to keep them in check ::)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

POSTON WIDEHEAD

YEP......
don't want hogs. If you have them, sell the tractor and disk, The hogs will take care of your fields.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Turkeys also go in cycles.  With that many, a disease will wipe out the entire flock and the cycle begins again.  We are presently in another "low" point in the cycle.

For whatever reason, we are also in a low coyote cycle.

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on January 23, 2016, 01:16:05 PM

This for sure. My deer herd is less then half of what it used to be. >:(

My daughter, grandson, SIL and two other hunters went on a meat hunt this morning. Season closes today. A 6 point, spike, doe and a pig. ;D

Got some fresh backstraps fixing to go into the pot. ;D

Magicman

Now that is putting the meat in the pot.  smiley_thumbsup

Our deer season closes Saturday so I plan to go to the Cabin later this week.  A Grandson saw what he said was a huge 10 point yesterday evening.

fishfighter

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 23, 2016, 07:04:43 PM
Fishfighter,

I'm impressed with your dog. Wonder where the old sow was? Usually I'd think she would be tearing into anything after her pig.

Wish you could loan a dog or two to Mom down in NW Fla. The hogs have about taken over her place in the last year or so. Cousin caught a couple, neighbor had 2 in his trap there but they got out about 15 minutes before he got to them. They've shot several and car killed one on the highway a few weeks ago but hardly made a dent in them so far.

The dog is a cross bread, Boykin/Lab. Got him as a pup. Smart SOB. He is train to duck hunt, but will hunt everything.

If you check around, there are people that will come in with dogs to hunt just for pigs. I have them come a couple times a year on my place. It helps, but in a matter of a month or two, tons of them suckers are back from other areas. >:( They are real bad here. >:(

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on January 24, 2016, 05:29:36 PM
Now that is putting the meat in the pot.  smiley_thumbsup

Our deer season closes Saturday so I plan to go to the Cabin later this week.  A Grandson saw what he said was a huge 10 point yesterday evening.

Reg gun season closes today. Still have two weeks of smoke poles hunting.

Magicman

Ours is technically "Primitive Weapon" (muzzleloader) but on private land, anything can be used.   fudd-smiley

fishfighter

Good luck on that big boy MM.

Logger RK

We have to many Timber Wolves up this way. My Brother usually loses from 5-40 Black Angus Calves a year to them. Usually about the time the deer fawns are old enough to be harder for Lobo to run down. They do keep the stray dog population down though. I've seen there tracks in the snow during are deer gun season. There good at what they do I'll say👍😎

Thank You Sponsors!