iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loading rear skidder tires

Started by plasticweld, December 26, 2010, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticweld

I am having the front tires on my 664 Clark Ranger loaded this week, I just picked the machine up and I am real happy with it minus the fact that it is too light. I added double ice chains to the front which helped a lot. I have the front tires on my 240 TimberJack loaded and chains on all 4 tires and I am real happy with what it will do. I do not think the 664 is as capable on side hills as the TimberJack so  I was considering having the rear tires loaded to help with better side hill stability and for better pushing on the log pile. Has anyone done a partial fill on the back tires, is it worth even doing? How much power would be lost by loading the back tires either 100 percent or 50 percent? The tires are just about brand new  Thanks in advance..Bob

lumberjack48

I had a S8 Inter with all 4 loaded and paw's on the front, it was like a Mt. goat in hills, on the landing you can walk up  the piles when decking, i piled as high as 12 feet.
I would load'em up

Happy New Year and the best of luck
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

weisyboy

we fill our machinery tyres with watter to give stability, that way it can be let out.
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: weisyboy on December 27, 2010, 06:34:23 AM
we fill our machinery tyres with watter to give stability, that way it can be let out.

You would end up with solid blocks of ice if you filled tires with water in the northern climates.

Ed_K

I've heard that the rear tire on the 440s needed to be filled to keep them from tipping up going down hill.I have a friend thats running a 666 and has had problems with axles tubes breaking.Broke one trying to back up a hill breaking trail.Thinking it may not have happened if the tires were filled. My taylor isn't loaded and I've had time where it would have been nice if they were.Had it on one front tire when it jumped out of gear and hit a stump going down hill empty.Brakes not to good at the time.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!