iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What did santa bring you?

Started by iain, December 25, 2005, 05:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

Come on spill the beans
Amazon got a real good amount of traffic from us,
books for me, dvd's and music for Alex, all on time even though it was ordered late,
toms been building lego for 4 and a half hours now,
Linda's soaking in a glittery bath bomb 1hour fifteen so far,
Alex is upstairs some where

all the left over spoils have been cleared
table's set for sister inlaw and Ben

we is well and truely chilled this year 8)

but no white stuff yet, Alex is nearly fifteen and he has only had one white christmas, and that was onley a day and a half, it may be a dodgy memory, but i seen to remember lots of then on the farm, hope your christmas is as good as ours

love and kiss's iain

Teri

Santa missed my house this year. :'( :'( :'(

Guess I was a bad girl this year...... :(

I hope EVERYBODY HERE on the forum has a Merry Christmas!!!!! :) :) :)

Danny_S

We have a nice little snow falling here right now in New Brunswick, Canada, it is about 7 A.M. The little one is not up yet, santa has been and gone, I am ready with the video camera.

I got my gift earlier in the year, a handheld ham radio. My old one quit so momma bought me a new one. I see that santa left me a sock full of stuff though. Hmmm, no one else is up,.. :-\.....  I will be back later...  ;)
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Roxie

Santa brought me the biggest jewelry box I've ever seen!   :o  He also brought me turquoise earrings and a necklace...and a pair of boots....and a license plate that says, "Mule Power"! 

Cowboy Bob got the CD to the soundtrack of "O Brother Where Art Thou", an Allison Krause CD, an electric ice cream maker, and the Drill Doctor! 

We're having a wonderful time!  Merry Christmas everyone!   :)
Say when

Frank_Pender

Alice and I chose to pass on purchaseing for each other, but a friend found a pair of St. Bernard slippers I could give her and brought them by for me to had out.  I did.   ::)
Frank Pender

asy

Good haul here this year!!!    ;D ;D ;D

I got a set of 18 Russian literature classics, (in english, I have some of them in russian, but that takes much longer to read)
Also a Drawing board coz I am doing a Drafting course next year.

Andy got a bookcase, and rain guage,

Kids...  hmmm... 

Sasha got an Antquarium (new fangled ant farm), massive model train set, lots of books and other bits and pieces.

Stephie got books, games, and Beanie Kids (which she collects)...

Together they got the Scene It (harry potter version) game.

But the best thing we got was a whole day to spend together, and we had a BALL!!!

Teri, tell Santa you want a ticket to OZ...  :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Burlkraft

I didn't get nuthin' yet cuz we're waitin' for folks to get here :P :P :P :P

I want a Drill Doctor just like Cowboy Bob got ;) ;) ;) ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Part_Timer

Kate got as new digital camera and a Stihl chainsaw (thanks Santa Reid)

I got a spirograph for the router.  I can't wait for tomorrow so I can try it.

The kids gave santa a bad back with their haul.

THe one I found funny was the pogo stick my daughter got.  How many of you remember pogo sticks?  It's funny cause she thinks it is a new thing.  ;D
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Jeff

I used to be DanG good on the pogo stick. I could stay on it until I decided to get off from it. Problem was I out grew it and they dont super size em so I guess I'll never get to play with one again. :'( ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Faron

Well, now, how hard would a super size pogo stick be to make?  Car spring????  Might make great entertainment at the next pig roast. :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Jeff

You bring it, Ill ride it! ;D

Tammy hooked a rope to me and lead me through several stores yesterday. She finally relented and let me stop at Tractor Supply. They had their toys at 50% off!   She knows how much I want an old tractor, so she let me settle for this toy for now. I got to pick out my own present at a discount.

breederman

The kids all went together and got me a pair of snow shoes. :) Me and my three legged log dog already done a tour of the estate with them.
Together we got this !

Wildflower

I received a present from Tammy and Kevin and LogRite tools!  Now I have my own and don't have to worry about stealing Jeff's and look forward to using my own. Now I just have to figure out how to keep Stacy from claiming it!

Thanks Kevin and Tammy. You are the best!

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

ohsoloco

Santa brought me some much needed kitchen supplies, and some new clothes to add to my worn out collection of dirty sap covered stuff  ;D  Also a Polish cookbook, and a book for selecting and using hand tools.  Oh, and a die cast replica of a woodmizer sawmill  ;)  (thanks to the Forestry Forum and our sponsors for that one)  :)

The best part of Chirstmas had to be last night.  The family congregated at my brother and sister in law's house for a Christmas Eve dinner.  I brought the pierogies (stuffed with potatoes, smoked cheese, and garlic) and one of my hickory nut pies.  It's great to just spend the evening with family, and my four month old niece had her first Christmas  :)

RMay

My neighber has been in our slab pile. He made this for me . pretty neat saw. Took 12 hours to make it. Wish I had the patience to do something like that ::)

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Don_Papenburg

I told santa anything but yucky clothes , :oanything , what did I get yucky clothes .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Corley5

Dee got me a 30" LogRite Hookaroon 8) 8)  With funds my Grandmother gave me I'm going to venture over to LogRite's site and buy a matching canthook.  The 30" size fits just right in the toolbox on the processor ;D 8)  The hookaroon was the only thing made in the USA that any of us got as a gift :( :( :'( :'(

It felt really good to see The Flag on something instead of "made in China"  Especially after untwisting all those little wires that hold toys in packages now.  Some even required a screwdriver to get the toy out ::)  Guess when they come over buy the container load.... >:(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pigman

Quote from: Ianab on December 25, 2005, 02:57:09 PM

8)
That is a really good looking bench. 8) I wouldn't scar it up with that old chainsaw. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

getoverit

I got a Bounty Hunter brand "Pioneer 202" metal detector....

Guess the wife is trying to tell me to check for trash metal??
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

asy

Hey Wildflower! 

That hook you're holding best be hidden from da boss...

I have visions of him welding a truck spring onto it and bouncing around the yard...

Hey, if he does, can we call him Tiggrrr?

Ianab

QuoteThat is a really good looking bench.  I wouldn't scar it up with that old chainsaw. 

It's messed up more than the bench now  8)

Freehanding a table top out of a walnut stump.

I'm gonna like this saw  :)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

iain

I see you got your self one them horizontal slabbers  ;D

iain

PawNature

Porter Cable framing nailer, Star Gate DVD, Dress slacks and shirts, wife said she is tired of me going to church in carhartts. Wife got a 2k diamond bracelet and deep fryer.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

thedeeredude

I got a couple woodworking tools and a chainsaw.  It used to be my grandfathers echo but I kept bugging to use it all the time ;)

Kevin_H.

I scored some new pliers, a folding razor knife, a new ceiling fan for the office and the new garth brooks box set.

But I also get to play with all of stephens new stuff too.  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

iain

Kevin   just looked thruogh gallery

you got a VACUM SAVER  8) 8) 8)

and Mary sure do look impressed ;) ::) ::)

Kevin_H.

Iain, doing the deer sausage gave us a good reason to buy the vacuum packer. We also use it to marinate our steaks, just pour in the marinate, vac pack it and through it in the freezer.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Phorester

Sounds trite, I know, but with my kids grown up and losing my dad and father-in-law, the best thing I had was the rest of the family all together for a week or so.

We also got our first digital camera ever, so if I can figure the dadblame thing out, I might be able to put up some pictures on here someday.  Or crash the whole site.....

Know one reason why Santa is so jolly??  He knows where all the naughty girls live.

Jeff

I also got a new chainsaw.  :-\     I'm guessing somebody is trying to tell me sumpthin, I just dont know what.

Furby

My little cousin got one just like it Jeff! ;)

Patty

I got a Grizzely joiner for our new shop!   Whoooohooo!  smiley_thumbsup
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

I got the original editions of Julia Childs books, some huge dutch ovens for trying Campfire Cooking recipes and a DVD player.

Patty aways gets the cool stuff. 8)

isawlogs

I dont know yet what I got , they all left here on Christmas eve and left me all alone .  :'(  I will go and meet them tonight once I finish my plowing , so I will only find out in the morning .
   I wasn't all alone I had my cats with me .   :) 

I did get a really nice gift certificate from the Forum here , that is going to go towards a new box of blades . And will be using them to saw up my new house this winter .  :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pasbuild

I got it
I emailed Timberghost the link to Logrite tools highlighting there 60 " cant hook, he got the hint ;D and I got me a new cant hook :)
I tried the picture thing a couple of times but I failed again, if you want to see my new heirloom cant hook it can be seen here
http://thunderbucks.com/blahdocs/uploads/dsc01452_7385.jpg
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

sawwood

I got 1 new flannel shirt and two flannel insulated jackets. The best
thing was a lumber ruler from Baileys. I also got a book from them
as soon as it come off back order. Now i will be measuring all the
lumber to see how many bf i have.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Brucer

Quote from: Jëff ß®Òkãw on December 25, 2005, 10:28:41 AM
I used to be DanG good on the pogo stick. I could stay on it until I decided to get off from it. Problem was I out grew it and they dont super size em so I guess I'll never get to play with one again. :'( ;)

Years 'n years ago in my mispent youth I subscribed to Road & Track Magazine. Every April they'd do a road test on an unusual "vehicle" and publish it in the same format they used for testing cars. I remember them testing the Goodyear blimp one year, and another time a steam locomotive in England. And I recall them road testing a gasoline-powered pogo stick. It was real simple -- basically a linear two-stroke. The cylinder was built into the bottom of the stick, the piston was attached to the spring-loaded plunger, and I believe there was some sort of magneto arrangement to fire the spark plug. Don't remember much about the write-up except it was a pretty hairy ride. The heavier you were, the more compression you got, and the stronger it would fire.

Wonder if there's any of them still around  ;).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Paul_H

I had a pogo stick when I was a kid too.While visiting my cousins at Lac La Hache we thought it would be cool if I took the pogo down the stairs off the Sundeck.Half way down I lost my concentration.

Lot of stairs,lot of hurt,my Aunt told me it was without a doubt the stupidest thing she ever saw.If she was still alive I know that she would agree that she hadn't seen anything yet cause I spent a lot of Summers up there.  :D

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

UNCLEBUCK

I told my nephew if he stays on the A honor roll I would  load up on him for christmas so I got him a complete snowboard set up and heavy metal distortion pedal.  He got me a acoustic/electric flat top guitar with a fraction of his sweet corn/ pumpkin patch money . I got the 100% scottish lady from michigan a Vermont Teddy Bear that is dressed in bib overalls and engineer cap , looks just like me !  :D  I had to get dressed up for christmas dinner so I found my best new white shirt  ;D

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Brucer

Barb got me a pair of flannel-lined jeans. Must've done some fancy footwork there, 'cause until my best customer called on the 16th I wasn't planning to do any sawing until spring ;D (The job starts on January 9). My daughter bought me a Buddy Guy CD, and Santa left a copy of Bruce Hoadley's book, "Identifying Wood", and Danged if he didn't leave a pair of socks that look exactly like the ones Barb knits for me.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

TimberGhost

Here is what I got from Pasbuild for christmas  ;)

~TG~
~TG~

Modat22

We didn't do a bunch for christmas this year, we kinda helped out a family a little bit.

Moose and I got a generator and I got a new bandsaw thats about it.
remember man that thy are dust.

jgoodhart

I got a beer fridge :) and I purchased a used Stihl 046 as a present to myself :) :) :) ::), Wife got a under cabinet mount stereo for the kitchen and it in already ;) daughter got a laptop with some goodies and the son got a new mountain bike, snow board, PS2 games.

DanG

Got me one of them cool power measurin' tapes.  It's pretty handy around the log pile, and when you're just a bit short-handed. ;D  Got a tool kit to keep in the truck, and another one for the car.  Also got some perfumy stuff that will be saved to "re-gift" next year, and some dishes with John Deere tractors all over them. ??? ???  Oh, yeah, I got a Redneck Flashlight and a new corn sock, too. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

dail_h

I got the usual assortment of clothes 'n stuff,a new work jacket,I like them hooded sweatshirt thingys,but boards tears the pockets off'em,OH yeah,my #1 daughter gave me a copy of Uncle Remus tales. I can't quit laffin
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

moosehunter

We got something big, really big!

My lovely bride saw this on her way to work one day and told me to go check it out. I asked her why, she said just go look at it.

It is in great shape for it's age, 80% undercarrage, and

Really BIG

This it next to my 'bota L4330

I had to move the saw mill out of the mill shed, I have a cover for the mill!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Corley5

Now that's a  8) present ;D ;D  What model is it ???  Caeful getting it in and out of the shed.  One wrong move and..... ;D :) :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

She actually suggested you look at that and let you bring it home :o That lady is a real winner in my book.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

It is a 1964 D6C.

She (my wife) is the greatest!

asy

Quote from: moosehunter on December 29, 2005, 08:59:19 AM
We got something big, really big!

My lovely bride saw this on her way to work one day and told me to go check it out. I asked her why, she said just go look at it.

Had she already organised the purchase at that stage???

It looks like a lot of fun!

moosehunter

Asy,
She didn't organize it, but I am sure she knew that she had started a snowball rolling down a steep hill and wouldn't be able to stop it ;D

isawlogs

Joan sent me this great book after finding out I did not have it , and that this is the type of house I will be building come spring .
Thank you Joan . It is a real nice book , Perfect for me ...  lots of pics .  ;D :)

Oh and that is a real Bleue beer .  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Norm

I don't know how life can get any better than that Marcel!

Well unless that Bleue beer was setting in front of me. ;D

isawlogs

Norm

Someone once told me to be careful what one asks for on here .  ;) ;D

I cant wait to get this house going , the plans are almost at the point that we can draw it up . I am going to start the cutting of the pine trees in a few weeks .

Marcel

sprucebunny

You're very welcome, Marcel ;D

I'm happy that it will be a help to you.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!