iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

330t to a 360t top end

Started by Canadiana, December 30, 2017, 02:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadiana

The little 330t echo is more fun than my mid size saws but after its muffler mid and retune i held it wot a bit too long. So now after it's warmed up it gets a bit cranky and doesn't idle so great. So more tuning and inspecting. I see a bit more scoring on the ring than i like and some on the piston as well, cylinder pretty good. I can't help but think about adding some displacement and the 360t cylinder seems like the obvious place to look. I was wondering if anyone else out there has done this or considered it. How did it work out? Or what convinced you not to do it? Parts look easily interchangeable for both models and the sale of a good jug (after the upgrade prooves itself) could offset the cost.  :new_year: smiley_alcoholic_01
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

dougand3

Never done it, but seems easy enough to replace top end with 360T. Price would keep me from doing it for only a 3cc bump. A 360T top end is ~ $140. I'd clean up the 330T cyl and get a piston kit. Heck, that is $50. Maybe just a ring would suffice. Never seen AfterMarket Echo stuff - maybe it exists and is on the dark web.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

ladylake

Not much if any Echo aftermarket parts out there but a lot of OEM parts are half price on the big 2.  On you tube there's a vid od a CS330t running real close to a Stihl 200t both muff modded so I wouldn't  worry about the 330 power.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Canadiana

Dougand3: the swap does seem easy and easy is tempting. A 3cc bump is tiny but also approximately a 9% increase. For a simple swap it seems undocumented.
Ladylake: I am happy with the power to weight ratio. I am also fascinated by megalomaniac thoughts of more more more.
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Thank You Sponsors!