iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna File

Started by Knute, December 28, 2017, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

Wondering if anyone has tried the Husqvarna file that files the tooth and raker at the same time and what you think of it.

630red

did not know husqy made one,stihl and others make them they are pricey from what i,ve seen could be ok but i,m old school round and flat for me 8)

Caloren

There are several you tube videos on using the Stihl version, probably the same thing-different color.
Stihl MS 170, Stihl MS 310, Stihl 028 AV Super, and half a dozen other no-accounts! Cat D4 D.

Knute

Looks like my original post was translated. Maybe so more could understand it.

old guy

I just googled it, looks like Husky has one now too.

John Mc

If I'm not mistaken, the Husqvarna Sharp Force tool is just a re-badged Pferd Chain Sharp. They do work fairly well, but they require removing the files and reassembling to switch from the left-hand cutters to the right-hand ones when sharpening.

Pferd also makes a newer version called the CS-X Chain Sharp. For this one, you just flip it over when switching from left to right. Stihl sells a version of this:  Stihl 2 in 1 Filing Guide.  I've got a couple friends who use the Stihl version of this. Both of them are experienced at hand-filing chains, but recently switched to this tool and are very happy with it. (I've not yet tried it myself.)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!